suggestion about an online tourney

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi

are you interested in a tourney with cards from V1 set?

it is a good idea, i am!
73%
no, i hate V1
7%
not sure really...
20%

Total votes: 15
marcos
Council Member

What do the online comunity think about an online tourney including cards from V1 set?

Format will be 2-deck general opponent, all allignements allowed, normal swiss sistem, 1 game per week as usual.
The only requirements are:
:!: a deck needs to include at least 5 V1 cards (these can be 5 different or just some copies of some cards in deck)
:!: Cards removed from the original set are not allowed

It will be starting on march 3rd if there's enough people who is willing to play it, so we have time to finish nations cup, build some "virtual decks" and test them

Please let me know in this thread who is in for this little event (or send email to marcosicaceres(a)hotmail.com), and express the cause of your answer to the poll's question

best regards! :wink:
Marcos
Last edited by marcos on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Interested... teammate ;)
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Frankly, I don't seem the point in your second restriction. Why not have both the regular and the virtual card? That's how the cards were designed to be used anyway.... :lol:
http://www.alfanos.org
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Some Concerns/Questions:

1) As Zarathustra said, some of the Virtual Cards also need their normal versions in order to be effective.

2) Are the German Promos also going to be used, as some Virtual Cards (e.g. Reforging) are meant to be used with them?

3) Some of the Virtual Cards currently available on GCCG have been removed from the first Virtual set for balance reasons (Faction Battling and Magic Duels, I believe). Will these cards be in or out?
Balin
Ex Council Member

Count me in! I liked V1 tourney we played at Worlds, virtual cards add some new exciting combos...

Btw, I suggest this tourney could be "official" and included in Wigy's ranking :D
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Jambo

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Joe Bisz? I emailed him a while back and have yet to hear back from him. As Bandobras pointed out, we should really have the latest 'fixed' versions of these uploaded before the tourney starts!

Regards
Manuel
Council Chairman

I think it's a good idea.

Only one question, though. If you can include both the V1 and the regular version of a card, the limit of 3 for non-unique cards and 1 for unique cards with the same title still apply, right? Or would they be different cards?
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:Some Concerns/Questions:

1) As Zarathustra said, some of the Virtual Cards also need their normal versions in order to be effective.

2) Are the German Promos also going to be used, as some Virtual Cards (e.g. Reforging) are meant to be used with them?

3) Some of the Virtual Cards currently available on GCCG have been removed from the first Virtual set for balance reasons (Faction Battling and Magic Duels, I believe). Will these cards be in or out?
1) ok, we remove the second requirement

2) German promo allowed

3) Cards removed from the set are not allowed
Manuel wrote:Only one question, though. If you can include both the V1 and the regular version of a card, the limit of 3 for non-unique cards and 1 for unique cards with the same title still apply, right? Or would they be different cards?
still apply
Last edited by marcos on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcos
Council Member

ok, so i got 4 players out of 8 votes:

Agus
Manuel
Marcos
Bert

who else voted and is interested in participate?
jambo?
zara?
b_took?

i'm missing 4 votes...
Jambo

I'd love to and still might, but free time is a major issue for me at the moment and the foreseeable future (moving/renovating house, new child on the way, etc, etc). I do have a couple of V decks made, however, so at least that would be one less thing on the agenda! ;)

I will try to get the VCs sorted for you though, assuming Joe Bisz is able to be contacted.
marcos
Council Member

i have 8 votes for yes, and that is a good number. I will like to know who they are in order to count them in. Jambo, let me know if you are ok to play, if you can't, no worry. You can still enter GCCG and watch our games :)
Balin wrote:Count me in! I liked V1 tourney we played at Worlds, virtual cards add some new exciting combos...

Btw, I suggest this tourney could be "official" and included in Wigy's ranking
lets ask wigy about this

regards!
Last edited by marcos on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I'm in. Though, like Jambo, free time may be an issue (overtime is unpredictable at my work), I should be able to find time for at least one game a week. :)
marcos
Council Member

nice! ok so:

Marcos
Bert
Manuel
Agus
B_took
Jambo
zara

who else?
Last edited by marcos on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I'm in.
http://www.alfanos.org
marcos
Council Member

i'm still missing 1 vote... and i don't know at all what person it is

Return to “GCCG”