Server Down

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
wigy

Beornd wrote:Since more than one week nobody feels ancountable to fit the problems with tables - who needs 3- and 4-player tables - but we cannot play a normal 2-deck gen.opp.
Since i have spent years of implementing Gccg and providing it for free, you expect 24x7 service? Have you ever thought that i have other things in life to take care of as well? I do 8h work then i recently do 4-8h additional coding for Netrunner. In short: if the service is not good enough for you, fuck off.

Hint: nobody stops you adding tables yourself.
marcos
Council Member

oops, wigy got stressed :?
Beornd

wigy wrote:
Beornd wrote:Since more than one week nobody feels ancountable to fit the problems with tables - who needs 3- and 4-player tables - but we cannot play a normal 2-deck gen.opp.
Since i have spent years of implementing Gccg and providing it for free, you expect 24x7 service? Have you ever thought that i have other things in life to take care of as well? I do 8h work then i recently do 4-8h additional coding for Netrunner. In short: if the service is not good enough for you, fuck off.

Hint: nobody stops you adding tables yourself.
I read in other topics about the reinvent of the wheel but we cannot do the basics
sry wigy but you missinterpreted my annotation.

1st - i didn´t know that you are accountable for the tables -
2nd - there are discussions to change basic rules of the game
3rd - in that case i wanted to make a connection that we should work more on dissemination of the game than demount it.

GCCG is a great chance and so we should push it and simplify the access.

Maybe i wrote it in a wrong topic - :oops:
marcos
Council Member

BTW wigy, how to add tables by myself?
wigy

No, i am not maintaining tables. However, it always comes back to me, if they are not maintaining tables. Luckily i am moving the server under my control after the tournament. So, i can at least do something about it.

One big frustration of mine is that i use lot of my limited time for gccg - especially nowadays. Good portion of that time goes to maintaining server and helping people from anything from deck import problems to "how to move a card to discard pile". However, i stongly feel that i could have better use for that time: mainly continuing development. I really wish, that someone could take over that part (and get that really to the people knowlege).

I'd like to concentrate on the development - and helping people on that side. That includes helping to use subversion for example. Do not confuse my rant with this issue please. People who dare to use the latest devel-version are always useful and generally more useful with their questions ("uh, my hand cards doesn't show and all my decks have disappeares, i think it is a bug") than most others ("how do i add a card to my deck").

About tables (in windows):

1) You need subversion copy.
2) module_windows32/ccg_server.exe --players 2 --port 29500 --load server.triggers metw.xml
3) Enable incoming port 29500 from firewall if any (and make sure your ISP allows incoming connections).

Not sure how it works really, ask wlk for details, but something like that i think. Increase port number, if you want more than one.
marcos
Council Member

leave the teaching part to the old players so you can focus on development. Let me know if i can help on anything, i'm more than willing to colaborate and i also want to learn more so i can finish my Call of Cthulhu CCG for GCCG project...
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Everyone can step up and help a little bit. When wigy lost hosting services, I stepped up and got all the middle earth stuff hosted onto my file server. Even if you handle just 1 thing, it's 1 less thing wigy needs to do.

Everyone needs to do their part. Wigy has done a marvelous job with gccg, but he can't be expected to support the entire community forever.
wlk

wigy wrote: About tables (in windows):

1) You need subversion copy.
2) module_windows32/ccg_server.exe --players 2 --port 29500 --load server.triggers metw.xml
3) Enable incoming port 29500 from firewall if any (and make sure your ISP allows incoming connections).

Not sure how it works really, ask wlk for details, but something like that i think. Increase port number, if you want more than one.
There is still a major problem running server or tables on windows: there is no scheduler task so you can run a table, but it won't respawn automatically after a game ends.

Altough it is quite enough if you want to host your own table for your own game, it is not really usable in the long run.
Usually, that's not the main problem since your Windows are not always up.

Anyway, if someone really wants to run tables 24-7 on Windows, let me know so I can work on some scheduling service for this.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi all,

is it just me or is the server down?

mfg Nicolai
marcos
Council Member

AFAIK it was down
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi,

well "was" as in has been but now I can connect, right?

well I cannot for whatever reasons ;(

mfg Nico
marcos
Council Member

Vastor Peredhil wrote:Hi,

well "was" as in has been but now I can connect, right?

well I cannot for whatever reasons ;(

mfg Nico
no idea if it is still down or not...
Manuel
Council Chairman

It is still down - at least for me.
marcos
Council Member

wigy just told me that for some reason, Africa and North America isnt having troubles to connect...

Return to “GCCG”