.XML Files

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Mordakai
Council Member

Hi there:

I've seen that in some folder of GCCG are placed .XML files that have this aspect:
- <card name="An Article Missing" graphics="AnArticleMissing.jpg" text="Tap a scout agent at target company's new site. Agent may attack (not counting against hazard limit) with a +4 modification to his prowess during the movement/ hazard phase. Attacker chooses defending characters. A successful strike doesn't wound the defending character; instead the company must discard one item (defender's choice).">
<attr key="rarity" value="U2" />
<attr key="class" value="Short-event" />
<attr key="type" value="Hazard" />
</card>
- <card name="Angmar Arises" graphics="AngmarArises.jpg" text="Any creature that can be keyed to a Shadow-land may be keyed to Forochel, Arthedain, Angmar, Gundabad, or Rhudaur. Any creature that can be keyed to a Dark-domain may be keyed to Angmar or Gundabad. Discard this card when a creature keyed to one of these regions (not to the region symbol) is defeated. {green} DCE: Replace with: Any creature that can be keyed to a Shadow-land may be keyed to Arthedain, Angmar, Everdalf, Forochel, Gundabad, Misty Mountains - Northern Spur, or Rhudaur. Any creature that can be keyed to a Dark-domain may be keyed to Angmar. Dragon Gap, or Gundabad. Discard this card when a creature keyed to one of these regions (not to the region symbol) is defeated.">
<attr key="rarity" value="C2" />
<attr key="class" value="Permanent-event" />
</card>
- <card name="An Unexpected Outpost" graphics="AnUnexpectedOutpost.jpg" text="Bring one hazard from your sideboard or discard pile into your play deck and shuffle. If Doors of Night is in play, you may do this twice.">
<attr key="rarity" value="C2" />
<attr key="class" value="Short-event" />
</card>
I'm trying to import the data from this files into a table, in which columns should be the "attr key" and ecah row should be each card, but my computer knowledge is limited and I cannot. Is there anyone with this kind of file around, or can someone just give me a hand to achieve it? I think it would be a great help in deckboulding by just adding some filters (for example, to find 1MP non-character cards for best using Give Welcome to the Unexpected, or finding certain locations with an especific Automatic Attack... this kind of things. I know GCCG allows to make some filters in the Collection screen, but it's not as specific as I want. Any idea?
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
emux

You have more attr's than you show on that:

Try /help select or /help sort

.., you can build very complex querys to find by keywords cards by type of automatic-attack and other special things.

Example:

<card name="Mount Gram" graphics="MountGram.jpg" back="1" text="">
<attr key="unique" value="yes"/>
<attr key="haven" value="Rivendell"/>
<attr key="draw" value="2"/>
<attr key="region" value="Angmar"/>
<attr key="auto_attack" value="Orcs - 3 strikes with 6 prowess"/>
<attr key="site_type" value="{S}"/>
<attr key="playable" value="Items (minor, major)"/>
<attr key="draw_opp" value="3"/>
<attr key="site_path" value="{w}{s}"/>
<attr key="rarity" value="F2"/>
<attr key="type" value="Hero Site"/>
<attr key="keyword" value="Orc-hold"/>
</card>

gl!
Germanico

Hi,

It looks like i am in a gravepost reviving spree...sorry for that

But, I made an excel using all ingame xml attributes which i guess would fit your need:
https://mega.nz/file/TVZEQapD#kII1vk_F4 ... 3DzeX7vs6Q

Use TAB:
"Tabla de Cartas y Atributos" (yeap, in Spanish....have fun)
the rest self explanatory....names, sites, etc...

Hope it helps
Mordakai
Council Member

Muchas gracias, Germanico!!
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...

Return to “GCCG”