GCCG Trouble shooting

For discussion the Generic Collectible Card Game engine designed and run by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen

Moderators: Vastor Peredhil, Thorsten the Traveller, GCCG

GCCG Trouble shooting

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi all GCCG users,

as you all might have noticed the current GCCG versions are having some issues to say the least, so I would like this post to work as a short trouble shooting sticky, we all mistakes/errros/failures with the program can be collected and reviewed (please can a admin make this post into a sticky!!!)

This post is ONLY about what is not currently working, NOT about what would be better (or at least not a wishing post) , so post your hassles here, that way programmers have a much easier time finding all mistakes, may they be local (your PCs at home) or on the servers.

btw. please keep the posts short and stick to the problem!

yours Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Re: GCCG Trouble shooting

Postby Makinal » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:45 pm

cant rename decks, so i cant build new ones
Makinal

Postby Shapeshifter » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:39 pm

When I start metw.bat I always have to enter /reconnect before I get connected. This issue can be solved by deleting the decks file in the .gccg\Metw folder. Every time I create a new deck or import a deck, however, the problem reoccurs.
Shapeshifter
Council Member

Postby Bandobras Took » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm having a similar problem to Shapeshifter, though I'm hoping that once I have the courage to attempt to update through the new location that the problem will be solved. :)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.
Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:43 am

The magnify card key ("shift") only shows the upper left portion of the card and cuts off the rest, thus eliminating the ability to actually read the card, which is the point of the shift key in the first place, right? :)

Also, my .bats don't know where to look for the images. I did everything according to the post that said go to the weird place for /core and servebeer for /metw.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby Bandobras Took » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 am

In positive news, it can find the cards now. I think I was impatient.

However, the following issues still exist:

The magnify card key (shift) does not work if there is not an image for the card. Only the upper left of the card is shown, with no card text.

The magnify key will crash the client if the --design is set to a too small resolution.

Bandobras Took
Non-voting member

Postby zirilan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:07 am

zoom needs heigh of 768 pixel minimum
zirilan

Postby Kjeld » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:22 am

I am having the same difficulty with the card images and the "zoom" function that Bandobras described. How can I fix this??
Kjeld

Return to GCCG