Suspended?

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I was fooling around with the XML files trying to figure out if there were a way to see Jambo's VC images on GCCG, and now I can't seem to get on GCCG.

Has it suspended me as a cheating hacker or something?
Jambo

Did you not make backups? I was tinkering around with this too and managed some success, so I don't think there's any major anti-cheat measures in force. I could be wrong of course.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I did; it hasn't helped.

I replaced the files with their originals -- I'll double-check.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I think it doesn't like the backup of the original I made -- Windows shows it as being modified yesterday, which may mean GCCG's kicking it out as unauthorized xml.

Has anybody got a spare metw.xml, or where can I get a good one?

Also, something's showing up in my GCCG folder saying index.html@Act=suspended.page.

Have I permanently screwed myself on the actual server, or is there anything to be done about this?
Jambo

Sent you my metw.xml in the post. Good luck. :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

No good; still can't connect.

How would one get in contact with the server admin to see if I'm being blocked on that end?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I reinstalled the whole thing, that seems to have solved the problem.

Happily, my account is still intact.

I will wait for somebody with more knowledge and permissions to attempt to create a Virtual Card tab. :)
wigy

Bandobras Took wrote:I was fooling around with the XML files trying to figure out if there were a way to see Jambo's VC images on GCCG, and now I can't seem to get on GCCG.

Has it suspended me as a cheating hacker or something?
Just to clarify that nobody gets suspended by making any hacks or tricks or innovations on client side. I trust my code enough that you can't tamper anything by that. Server does not have any clue about your own cards, but it does not get confused by that. You can play just fine as long as your opponent has same hacks. Also, there is no known method to gain any advantage by hacking the client code itself, so feel free to tamper with that as much as you want. No magic 6+6=12 available no matter how hard you try.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Not even to miguel? :twisted:
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower

Return to “GCCG”