GCCG outage - GCCG is back up!

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
marcos
Council Member

it would be helpful if you tell what kind of error do you have.
Makinal

it's the same message since the failure

connecting to gccg.councilofelrond.org port 29130

and nothing happens
Beornd

it's the same message since the failure

connecting to gccg.councilofelrond.org port 29130

and nothing happens
same here....

i tried to connect to other servers ... for example MTG - no problem it works
Smaug

I can connect and already played a game (windows 7). Pitty is only that the map does not work (you can not pick the side cards from the map but you have to take it from your sides :-(. As well you can not lokk at the sides you played them face down. Everything else worked normal.

Cheers

Heiner
marcos
Council Member

and one of the 1-player table isn't working, it fails to connect. I guess some of the 2-player table will have the same issue but i didn't have the chance to try it.
Muad'Dib

I also noticed another bug. When i use the command "/whois.." for players who can log now (like marcos or Heiner) it works but when try to check other players like Bernd im kicked off.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
marcos
Council Member

i would suggest to those people who can't connect, to make a backup of their .gccg folder and create a new username. If you manage to connect, i can grant you guys your old passwords later today, and see if it works.
Makinal

marcos wrote:i would suggest to those people who can't connect, to make a backup of their .gccg folder and create a new username. If you manage to connect, i can grant you guys your old passwords later today, and see if it works.
i did, i created the White_Wolf acount,

another bug: if you try to buy a card from the people with problems you get kicked out, but it works fine if you buy from, for example, vastor
marcos
Council Member

if anyone wants to get his password, i will be online for a while.
Beornd

if anyone wants to get his password, i will be online for a while.
I created a new (old) account "Beornd" and used my old password - but its not possible to reactivate my old account "beornd1963" with the saved password so if possible please marcos sent it to me.
marcos
Council Member

there seems to be a problem with those affected accounts, i tried giving makinal his password but it didn't worked. We'll have to wait and see who and how can it be fixed...
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I was looking further into the failing accounts and for some reason the user database files for both Makinal and beornd1963 just say NULL - nothing else. I've restored both of those user database files from last month's backup so you should be able to log into them now. The restored user accounts are as of the 18th of last month.

Let me know if any other users have issues.
Beornd

Thx - my account "beornd1963" work - also in sealed mode did´t lost any card - great.
Makinal

thanks a lot, finally i got my account back, i lost several cards and money but i'm a happy man
fisilva1
Council Member

Hi

Now I can log in to GCCG with my account fisilva, but lost all my card collection... :S

is there anything that can be done?

Felipe

Return to “GCCG”