Problem downloading card-images

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Nknma
Ex Council Member

Hi all,

I recently installed GCCG to my new computer, but ran into some problems. I got the actual program working, but couldn't download the graphics through the "install METW cards". Then I came here for some help and found the "New access" topic. I followed the instructions and got the core working, but when I tried to download the metw-folder that includes all the graphics, it wouldn't work. I tried the procedure 3 times with same results. It started well, but somewhere between 30 and 50 downloaded mbytes the download speed went to 0 and I got the following message:

Error: REPORT of '/ccg/!svn/vcc/default': could not read chunk delimiter: connection
Error: timed out (https://gccg.servebeer.com)
Completed!

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ps.
I also have this problem when using the subversion GCCG. It doesn't affect the normal GCCG though.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

No one stepped up when I took my file server down. I don't believe install-metw-cards.bat will work anymore, since no one is hosting the card images.

As for the SVN, I have no control over that.
Nknma
Ex Council Member

Problem partially solved. I found a copy of GCCG from my external hard drive and copied the graphics from there. However it would be nice to get the 'install metw cards.bat' working for new players.
Xenoist2

I would like to set them on my server.

GCCG with MECCG won't work if it has no images.

Are the Cards under Copyright and that is the reason why no one host's them at all?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

not really, it was an issue of miscommunication, let's keep it at that.

the main requirement I suppose for a server hosting the files is that it must be stable, i.e. around for considerable amount of time.
you'd be very welcome to host, though I think the same host as for our board/page is still preferable.

btw. you can get all images still from servebeer via svn. see here:
http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... f=20&t=903
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

I gave notice I was taking all files off my file server. I gave 30 days notice to grab the files from my server, before I took them down. There were emails sent out as well, but no followup responses to them. The files are no longer available on my server. I faithfully hosted the files for many years and gave time for someone to pickup where I left off, the ball was dropped.

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =20&t=1858

Return to “GCCG”