GCCG championshp 2011?

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Vastor Peredhil wrote:well could send to a US player coming to lure, or else send to some players coming to LURE for sure e.g. Wolfgang ;)

but awesome Brian, I might even play then ;)

mfg Nicolai
I'll just mail it like I normally do.

I meant how to distribute as in how much of each product to give away

thinking something like

1st Place - Starter + some combo of boosters
2nd - some combo of boosters
3rd - 1 of each booster

something along those lines, but am up for recommendatinos.
marcos
Council Member

to answer some of your questions:
Will it be 3-deck?
nope. Standard 2-deck general opponent.
Who's judging? I want to pester them with technical questions.
me, unless some judge is willing to help.
That's not a good weekend, how about the following weekend?
That's not possible if i will be hosting it, ARG nationals will be happening the following weekend and i have to host that one too.
I might play, how long will it last? will it be an all day thing? I never played online tourney of meccg before?
normally 2 rounds saturday and 2 rounds sunday 90 minutes each.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Next question: do we accept the unique phrasing found on all Ring Test cards (Test Of Lore, Test Of Form, Wizard's Test, Test Of Fire, Ringlore) which indicates that the play of the card is an active condition and may not be responded to (cf. The One Ring (cc as active condition of strike canceling; Secrets Of Their Forging (not actually a Ring Test card)).
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:Next question: do we accept the unique phrasing found on all Ring Test cards (Test Of Lore, Test Of Form, Wizard's Test, Test Of Fire, Ringlore) which indicates that the play of the card is an active condition and may not be responded to (cf. The One Ring (cc as active condition of strike canceling; Secrets Of Their Forging (not actually a Ring Test card)).
why wouldn't you be able to respond? even when "playing" is the active condition, playing a card is the process of bringing a card from your hand into play. When you play something you must give your opponent the chance to respond:
ACTIONS AND CARD PLAY
The various activities that you and your opponent can perform during play are called actions. Typical actions include playing a card, tapping a card, making a corruption check, revealing a card, etc. The following general guidelines apply to resolving actions; more detailed guidelines can be found on pages 69-70.
· You must give your opponent a chance to respond to every action, and vice versa. If you perform an action and move on to another action without giving your opponent a chance to respond, you must "back up" if he indicates that he wants to respond. A series of declared actions made in response to one another is called a "chain of effects". You always have the option of declaring the first action in a chain of effects during your turn. The actions in a chain of effects are resolved one at a time from last declared to first declared (i.e., the last declared action is resolved first, then the second to the last, etc.).
So no, we won't accept that.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

The weekend you chose in the US is the weekend many of us travel for Thanksgiving. Many of us will be out of town. Perhaps the weekend before?
marcos
Council Member

i'm ok with the weekend before. So, november 19th and 20th
Muad'Dib

marcos wrote:i'm ok with the weekend before. So, november 19th and 20th
Im almost sure i wont be able to play 19-20. And i think its too early...just 3,5 weeks before (people need to organize time for whole weekend and build a decks). what about 2nd weekend of december?
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
marcos
Council Member

let's make a poll with the following options:

19-20 november
26-27 november
09-10 december

vote here, poll opened for 15 days
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

marcos wrote:
Bandobras Took wrote:Next question: do we accept the unique phrasing found on all Ring Test cards (Test Of Lore, Test Of Form, Wizard's Test, Test Of Fire, Ringlore) which indicates that the play of the card is an active condition and may not be responded to (cf. The One Ring (cc as active condition of strike canceling; Secrets Of Their Forging (not actually a Ring Test card)).
why wouldn't you be able to respond? even when "playing" is the active condition, playing a card is the process of bringing a card from your hand into play. When you play something you must give your opponent the chance to respond:
ACTIONS AND CARD PLAY
The various activities that you and your opponent can perform during play are called actions. Typical actions include playing a card, tapping a card, making a corruption check, revealing a card, etc. The following general guidelines apply to resolving actions; more detailed guidelines can be found on pages 69-70.
· You must give your opponent a chance to respond to every action, and vice versa. If you perform an action and move on to another action without giving your opponent a chance to respond, you must "back up" if he indicates that he wants to respond. A series of declared actions made in response to one another is called a "chain of effects". You always have the option of declaring the first action in a chain of effects during your turn. The actions in a chain of effects are resolved one at a time from last declared to first declared (i.e., the last declared action is resolved first, then the second to the last, etc.).
So no, we won't accept that.
Active conditions declare and resolve immediately, with no chance for a response. In this case, the declared action is a ring test. You may respond to that, but not to the card play action. Just like discarding can be an action, but when it's an active condition, you can't respond to the discard itself.
marcos
Council Member

in my oppinion, it is a case of a card over the rules, card itself says you play something, in which case you can respond. Anyways, if i will be hosting and judging it, that will be my tourney ruling for such situation 8)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

marcos wrote:in my oppinion, it is a case of a card over the rules, card itself says you play something, in which case you can respond. Anyways, if i will be hosting and judging it, that will be my tourney ruling for such situation 8)
That's all I wanted to know, even if the ruling is incorrect. :P
Mordan

frankly I never fully understood the stuff about active conditions. very confusing. For instance I don't see what Bandoras is talking about with Ring tests. I always thought more intuitive, tap nazgul for sideboarding as an action that you could respond to by MTing the nazgul. resolve in reverse. nazgul fizzle and you can't sideboard the card.
DoN is an active condition for playing Will of Sauron, so if you play twilight against DoN in response to the play of Will of Sauron. Everything is cristal clear. Will of Sauron fizzles. But I don't understand why you can't MT nazgul that is going to sideboard. but nevermind.

I can play in the tourney but I need to learn how to use the program. so for me the latter the better
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Wait until you try to understand passive conditions. ;)
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Mordan wrote:frankly I never fully understood the stuff about active conditions. very confusing. For instance I don't see what Bandoras is talking about with Ring tests. I always thought more intuitive, tap nazgul for sideboarding as an action that you could respond to by MTing the nazgul. resolve in reverse. nazgul fizzle and you can't sideboard the card.
DoN is an active condition for playing Will of Sauron, so if you play twilight against DoN in response to the play of Will of Sauron. Everything is cristal clear. Will of Sauron fizzles. But I don't understand why you can't MT nazgul that is going to sideboard. but nevermind.

I can play in the tourney but I need to learn how to use the program. so for me the latter the better
When you tap a nazgul to sideboard or for it's effect, you need to pay all "costs" in doing that. Example to play concealment you tap a scout. Part of playing concealment is you tap the scout. Part of "playing" the nazgul for sideboarding is discarding it. So when you play the card you pay all the costs, the discard is part of paying the cost.

If you try to play MT on a tapped nazgul there's nothing to target as you had to discard the nazgul as the cost to use it.
Mordan

Sauron wrote: If you try to play MT on a tapped nazgul there's nothing to target as you had to discard the nazgul as the cost to use it.
When you tap Ren the Unclean for the short event ability, will MT/Cock Crows work? If answer is Yes, it is confusing with the SB tapping action/discard. Because MT does not work on short events.

Return to “GCCG”