MAC OSX working?

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Morgul_Rat

I saw the issue with the MAC OSX not working with GCCG from 2009. Does anyone know if it is working now??? I want to play.
Also...I am pretty new to the MAC...the instructions seem too much for me, haha, but I am going to try this weekend. Just one question: Can I mess up my MAC if I do this incorrectly????
~Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends~

Trade with me: http://www.TradeCardsOnline.com/user/morgul_rat
Muad'Dib

Probably not;) I also use gccg on mac and compiled everything without any experience. Of course i was trying to do it several times but finally did it. Also can send you already compiled stuff, which should work for you.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Morgul_Rat

If you could send it to me, that would be GREAT...I am new to using the MAC and the guy that managed to convince me to convert to MAC has moved to another country now, hahahaha...so he can no longer assist me.
~Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends~

donepi

I had no problem running gccg in MACOSX. My gf have a Macbook, and when i want to run my account in her computer i just do it. I had to do few things:

1- copy my .gccg folder (with my account info) to her $HOME. If u dont copy it i guess u dont have any prob, just have a new account.
2- copy the trunk & metw folders to any place (in same folder, of course =P).
3- Open the terminal application, look for trunk folder and type this:
"./Metw --user <myusername>"
4- Play the game

Not sure if the flag was --user or --username. If u dont type the "--user" flag i think it fails cause it tries to enter with the same username you have in your OS (in my case, my gf's name).

As u can see, i had no prob. Anyway, probably it will fail right now cause the server migration.
Morgul_Rat

I ran the program and it says...

Running ./ccg_client metw.xml
dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/<my user name>/morgul/./ccg_client
Reason: image not found
tools/launch_client: line 4: 1682 Trace/BPT trap $CCG_PATH/ccg_client $*
My-user-name-iMac:morgul <my user name>$

SUGGESTIONS????

Return to “GCCG”