GCCG offline?

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
davidk64

Does GCCG work offline? I thought I could experiment with (learn) the interface playing solo. If so how do you do it? Also during the week I don't have Internet access.

Cheers

David
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

If you don't have internet, just run it as normal; it should say something like "connection failed -- working offline."
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

still you will have no tables unless you set them up yourself ;(

wigy, marcos, brian (Sauron) and some others should know how (I should also but alcohol destroyed most information in my brains ;) )
davidk64

Thanks for replies. When I tried offline I did get the message about working offline and there were no tables. Can anybody advise how you setup your own table please? I'm assuming this has to happen before solo offline would be possible?

Also when I try to connect via Internet I get the following:

Server closed connection
ABNORMAL EXIT!

The first time I started GCCG it asked me for a name so I put David, do I need to register this and get a password. Reading suggests the client sets and stores a password?
marcos
Council Member

there already is a David user, that is why you get kicked. You need to create another username.
davidk64

Thanks for that - I'm able to logon via the server now and have settled on a username of dk64.

I'm still interested to find out how you setup a table when offline if anybody can help?

Also while /hazard [deckname] works /hazards to list the available hazard decks doesn't seem to?

I've started writing a help file for solo play as a resource for noobs like me who want to spend some time getting used to the interface before playing somebody else. Will post it once I have a complete draft.

Cheers

David

Return to “GCCG”