Using GCCG on 2 computers

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
PaulGrogan

Hi all,

My internet connection at home has been terminated :( But thankfully I have borrowed my neighbours wireless :)

But this means I cant play GCCG on the desktop, so I have copied all the files across to the laptop. However, when I ran it for the first time it asked me to enter user. I put in my username, but then it said already in use and threw up an error. Now I cant get in, each time it just says it has a server error as the name PaulGrogan is in use, and I cant seem to change it to anything else.

Q1: Should I be able to play on 2 different computers with the same name?
Q2: Now that I seem to have screwed up my install on the laptop, how can I fix this to clear the username I had set.

Thanks all

Paul
marcos
Council Member

Q1: Yes, you can use your account on as many computers as you like, of course, loged as yourself just once :)

Q2: Delete your ".gccg" folder from your laptop's "C:" drive. Copy and paste the .gccg folder from your other PC to your laptop's "C:" drive and you are ready, you should have all your decks, collection, record, etc.
Otherwise, just create a new account and ask an admin (me, wlk or wigy) for your original account's password, but in this way you wont have your decks built tough the rest of your personal information will be ok.

Return to “GCCG”