Storing your cards is no joke

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
tyhjaarpa

You should take good care storing your cards. I don't even know how I managed to do this for double sleeved card in storage box, but some how it had happened. Luckily just a common card which I have extra copies, but could of happened to some high value rare as well.

I guess only safe way to store your cards would be in double sleeve with top loaders. 😅 Even though I try to take good care of my cards, it seems accidents like that can happen nevertheless, I decided to share for your awareness.
Attachments
20230615_165836.jpg
20230615_165836.jpg (205.5 KiB) Viewed 543 times
20230615_165844.jpg
20230615_165844.jpg (370.48 KiB) Viewed 543 times
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
cardcollector

I don't like the perfect fit inner sleeves myself, it feels like damage can be caused taking them in and out. Perhaps also high temperatures could cause curling with the perfect fits like in the photo? I store my best cards in soft sleeves that have space in a 4 pocket ultimate guard zip folder which seems to be ok in terms of keeping them flat and safe. A soft sleeve in a top-loader should be good to. One other thing to keep in mind is humidity as the plastic sleeves are not breathable.
tyhjaarpa

cardcollector wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:16 pm I don't like the perfect fit inner sleeves myself, it feels like damage can be caused taking them in and out. Perhaps also high temperatures could cause curling with the perfect fits like in the photo? I store my best cards in soft sleeves that have space in a 4 pocket ultimate guard zip folder which seems to be ok in terms of keeping them flat and safe. A soft sleeve in a top-loader should be good to. One other thing to keep in mind is humidity as the plastic sleeves are not breathable.
I have never had issues with Ultra Pro inner sleeves and as this card is from a play deck, double sleeving is a must imo.

They have been stored in room temp and dry, so heat and humidity can be counted out. What I suspect is that I have somehow managed to slip the bottom of the card under something.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
cardcollector

tyhjaarpa wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:06 pm
cardcollector wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:16 pm I don't like the perfect fit inner sleeves myself, it feels like damage can be caused taking them in and out. Perhaps also high temperatures could cause curling with the perfect fits like in the photo? I store my best cards in soft sleeves that have space in a 4 pocket ultimate guard zip folder which seems to be ok in terms of keeping them flat and safe. A soft sleeve in a top-loader should be good to. One other thing to keep in mind is humidity as the plastic sleeves are not breathable.
I have never had issues with Ultra Pro inner sleeves and as this card is from a play deck, double sleeving is a must imo.

They have been stored in room temp and dry, so heat and humidity can be counted out. What I suspect is that I have somehow managed to slip the bottom of the card under something.
Understood, I suppose it is good to have a thicker amount of plastic to preventing denting for one thing. I don't play so will have different requirements.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”