9+ player games advertised, but is it in the design?

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
CDavis7M

I played in a 7-player Ringwraith Arda game and so it caught my eye when I noticed that the back of the Lidless Eye starter box mentioned 9 player. I looked at the LE multiplayer rules and it just mentioned 3-5 players. But interestingly, the revised multiplayer rules in the LE Player Guide (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4274&p=36241) are just for "more than two players." So not even limited to 9.

But I was wondering, was Lidless Eye really designed with 9 players in mind or is this just a marketing ploy? Of course there are 9 Ringwraiths. And LE does have less reliance on uniqueness compared to The Wizards. And the revised multiplayer rules allow for rule-bending on uniqueness. But what else might have been baked into the design to promote 9 player games.
9 player.png
9 player.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 738 times
Tom Bombadonne

It should be possible but imagine the time for up to 9 players :) That should be a days work.
Kjeld

Shouldn't it be possible to play a 15-player game?
Mordakai
Council Member

I don't have the LE booklet here, but in The Lidless Eye Companion specifically says that multiplayer is a 3 to 5 players game. I think that "1 to 9 players" is totally there for marketing purposes.
Attachments
multiplayer.png
multiplayer.png (497.53 KiB) Viewed 702 times
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
dirhaval

<<Looking like the elf waiter at the Council of Elrond :roll: rolling his eyes thinking, "Why don't you just put a gemstone on the darn thing to make it like a lesser magic ring?">>
Trying a 50 player game now.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”