Lure of MECCG X - program discussion

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i attach a first draft of this years Lure program. its still up for a few changes.
could also be that some more tourneys will be played. for now, i have eliminated tourneys that used to be in the program in the last few years, but hardly (if at all) made the cut of 6 players. like:

dragonhunt
virtual cards 2deck constructed
ringwraith only 2deck constructed
hero only 2deck constructed
Sealed Tournament with special Regions Rules
hamburger scenario tourney
pair constructed
pair sealed
drinking game with special cards

most of them are constructed events, so its quite frustrating for those who make a deck and then realzize, that there are not enough players to play a tourney.
however, if there are enough players for one of the above, of course it can still make it into the program. so let me know if you want to have something else in the program (also when you think its best scheduled!).

i will update the program on 15th jan to its final version.
Attachments
Lure X Program.xls
(27 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Last edited by thorondor on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darksatin

Please, don't eliminate tournaments like Hamburger Scenario Tournament.
Even If we are only 4 or 6 players, it is still interesting to play.
And I see nothing in your program to replace them ...
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Indeed, Hamburger Scenario Tournament is great and really "affordable" for less experienced players. Like Dominique said too, it naturally fill well the hole in the program at the same time as main tournament.

By the way, I think this year we could be at least 4 french players who want to play this scenario tournament !
So with at least 4 german-speaking players, 8 players could be easily reached !
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
prunesquallor

I can provide an MEtW : UL copy of The One Ring for a prize for one of your events, if you'd be interested.

I hadn't yet listed it in my eBay store, figured I'd be better donating it to something like this.
i gwanunig

DONT SKIP the HAMBURGER. :!: :!: :!:

I would be delighted to play against 4 french players in the hamburger scenario - so that would make it 5 players now. :idea:
Unfortunatly there are only 3 rounds, if any.

BR
i.g.
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

No normal Cool Play tournament this year? :(
It's always so much fun to construct those decks.

How do these new Cool Play Challenge Decks look like (decklists available)?
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

as i said we can still add a few tourneys. so for example, the hamburger on saturday morning/afternoon.

alex is doing this one. i am sure he can send a list to you. and maybe he will integrate your CP deck to the pool of preconstructed decks?
zirilan

Shapeshifter wrote:No normal Cool Play tournament this year? :(
It's always so much fun to construct those decks.

How do these new Cool Play Challenge Decks look like (decklists available)?
These Cool Play Challenge Decks are available in addtion to your constructed decks. They are meant for the players, who do wanna participate in the Cool Play Tournament but do have no time to build there own decks.
DainII

The program for the Lure of MECCG X is now available:

http://www.lureofmeccg.org/program.php
Darksatin

D) Winning due to MPs and a scenario fulfilled: → 12, 8, 5, 3 tournament points
The different tournament points in D are given individually to a player. If a player reaches within a tournament score D with a certain scenario the first time, he gets 12 tournament points. If reaching score D with the same scenario a second time, he gets 8 points, for the third time 5, and finally 3 points for reaching score D for each following round. (Ranking points for a player of scenario tournaments are given as many as the total of his tournament points of all of his games at official scenario tournaments. So a more professional player will reach score D very fast with his deck, but once he had got the 12 tournament points for once scenario he won't get no further 12 tournament points with this scenario. To get 12 tournament points he is forced to.) You may not get 12 tournament points, if you have already won 12 tournament points in this tournament with the other alignment (see below).
Notice : You can win two different scenarios with one same deck. (There are some possible scenarios). In the case you may get 12 tournament points for both scenarios! But if you play a ringwraith deck and a wizard deck, you may only win 12 tournament points with one of this two alignments. (This is also to protect beginners with no ringwraith practice, they likely won't play a ringwraith deck.)

Last year, we decided that a player had 12 tournament points (Winning due to MPs and a scenario fulfilled), even if he win several times with the same scenario. It seemed to us that the rule "12, 8, 5, 3 tournament points" was made by the Hamburger players group because they played a tournament every month (so, you have only 8 points if you win the same scenario than in a previous tournament).
But it seems that is wrong : you can have 12 points only once for the same scenario.
So, how are we playing this year ?
i gwanunig

Hi

I would prefer 12,8,5,... makes deck building and playing more challengingf

lg i.g.
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
zirilan

Behold fellow Cool Play followers,
to curb the cheeze that is burgeon in the Cool Play Tournament we'll change the known "Arwen the Elven Squattingprincess" back into "Arwen the Elven Warriorprincess" (no more sitting in Rivendell getting a fat elven butt).

Old szenario:
H7) The Elven Warriorprincess (3)
Arwen (starting character) leads a weapon all over the game and whenever there is a chance for her to face a strike, she has to do so. Attacks against Arwens company or strikes against Arwen may not be cancelled. During the game she receives Anduril, the Flame of the West.
New szenario:
H7) The Elven Warriorprincess (3)
Arwen (starting character) leads a weapon all over the game and whenever there is a chance for her to face a strike, she has to do so. Attacks against Arwens company or strikes against Arwen may not be cancelled. During the game she receives Anduril, the Flame of the West. Arwen may not stay at a haven (she may move to a haven for healing or receiving items etc. but has to leave the haven in the following turn).
zirilan

Where are the Sbaffi Brothers and why didn't they sign into the Cool Play Tournament yet? Image

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”