webs of fear and treachery

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
marcos
Council Member

is "i'll report you" cancelled by WoFaT?

as far as i can remember, webs of fear... cancel all modfications to influence attempts, but for purposes of controlling followers, is the penalty of -2 DI cancelled?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Because to says about normal unused direct influence I'd say yes. Otherwise I don't see any other reasons for using of word normal here.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
marcos
Council Member

putting a follower under the control of any other character is considered an influence attempt?

Example:
Ugluk has "i'll report you" and webs of fear... is in play, can he control a 3 mind orc follower?

PD: Sorry, my english isn't the best and i'm trying to get my doubts cleared :P
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

No. There are three chapters in Lidless Eye rulebook: "Influencing (Controlling) A Character" and two named "Influence" (with subchapters).
Influence attempts always leads to influence checks, using influence to controlling character - never.

P.S. My English is not the best too... :cry:
marcos
Council Member

if controlling a follower is not considered an influence attempt, then why webs of fear and treachery will cancel the -2 DI for purposes of controlling characters ?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

marcos wrote:if controlling a follower is not considered an influence attempt, then why webs of fear and treachery will cancel the -2 DI for purposes of controlling characters ?
Unused DI is modifier to influence attempt. Webs says about normal unused DI. Utilization of DI (for controlling character) and modification to DI are two different things.

Normal DI of Lieutenant of Dol Guldur is 3+2 against Trolls, Orcs, Trolls/Orcs factions (it never changes).
When controlling 3 mind orc character and bearing I'll Report You his unused DI is 0 and his normal unused DI is 2.
marcos
Council Member

Konrad Klar wrote:Normal DI of Lieutenant of Dol Guldur is 3+2 against Trolls, Orcs, Trolls/Orcs factions (it never changes).
When controlling 3 mind orc character and bearing I'll Report You his unused DI is 0 and his normal unused DI is 2.
but can Lt of Gol G control another 2 mind character while bearing i'll report you and webs of fear and treachery in play?

that's the main question
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Webs of Fear and Treachery affects only influence attempts. For that purposes modifiers to DI are reduced to 0.
For other purposes modifiers to DI still apply.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

In other words: no, he cannot control an additional 2-mind character. But if he makes an influence attempt against a faction, he will be treated as if he has 2 DI free.
http://www.alfanos.org
marcos
Council Member

thanks

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”