Is Beorning Skin-changers attack detainment in SL?

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Beorning Skin-changers wrote:Animals. Men. Bears. Two strikes. As a creature, playable only against minion companies. May also be keyed to Anduin Vales, Western Mirkwood, Wold & Foothills, and to sites in these regions. Alternatively, playable as a short-event against a moving hero company. Unless the company contains Beorn or an untapped warrior with prowess greater than 4, it must return to its site of origin.
MELE rulebook wrote:Any Orc, Troll, Undead, or Man attack keyed to Shadow-land is a detainment attack.
Beorning Skin-changers are considered Animals, Men, and Bears. If they attack a minion company in a shadow-land (e.g. through some environment changes) as Animals or Bears they would not be detainment. If they attack as Men, however, they are detainment. I think they attack as all three at the same time: Animals, Men, and Bears. What rule takes precedence here?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Shapeshifter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:31 pm I think they attack as all three at the same time: Animals, Men, and Bears.
I think so too.
Shapeshifter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:31 pm What rule takes precedence here?
Which are conflicting?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Lidles Eye wrote:Any Orc, Troll, Undead, or Man attack keyed to Shadow-land is a detainment attack.
The rule checks whether attack keyed to [-me_sl-] region (by type, or name) is Orc, Troll, Undead, or Man attack.
It does not check whether it has additional types.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Konrad Klar wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:06 pm Which are conflicting?
You are right. There is no rule that says that Animals and Bears attack normally not as detainment in shadow-lands. Although they do.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”