New to the game and have some questions.

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

No on-guard card may be revealed in response to result of strike from AA. Unless the card has a text that specifically allows for it (i do not know an example).
CRF, Turn Sequence, Site Phase, On-Guard Cards wrote:An on-guard card may be revealed when the company plays a resource that
potentially taps the site. The card must affect the company or a character in the
company that site phase. Note that this clarification is looser than the rule printed on
p.61 of the Unlimited Rules book
Lidless Eye says:
The card will remain on that site until one of the following occurs:

The company decides to face the site's automatic-attack. If the on-guard card is a hazard creature keyed to the company's site or a hazard that can modify the automatic-attack, it may be revealed before the automatic-attack is resolved. If it is a hazard creature, it will attack after the automatic-attack is resolved.
The company plays a card that potentially taps the site. If the on-guard card is a non-creature hazard, it may be revealed if it is a hazard that directly affects the company or a character in the company (e.g., a hazard that forces all characters to make a corruption check).
Otherwise, return the card to your hand at the end of the site phase.
CRF Lure of Expedience entry is rather a clarification* than errata.

*) buggy and uses sloppy wording in my opinion.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

If I have visited The Under-Galleries and played an item there, and therefore put The Under-Galleries in my marshaling points pile (3 points), and my opponent has not done the same and does not have The Under-Galleries in his marshaling points pile, when totaling marshaling points at the Council, do I double The Under-Galleries' marshaling points the same way I would for a faction if my opponent did not also have a faction?
CDavis7M

Nope. Misc. points and kill points are not doubled. The site would count at a misc point.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

DuncanNeeds2Shave

My wizard's direct and general influence over my characters needs to be settled at the end of my organization phase. Here is a scenario: I have Celeborn and Elrohir in play under general influence (6+4 mind = 10), and I have Elrond (under general influence, with no followers) and my wizard (with Galadriel and Halbarad 9+1=10 direct influence used) both in play at Lorien, and my opponent calls the council at the end of his turn. I'm using 20 general influence, and all 10 of my wizard's direct influence. For my last turn, I play Vilya on Elrond during my organization phase and then play Aragorn II under Elrond's direct influence (which is now 10 until the end of turn, as prescribed by Vilya). Under normal circumstances, by my next organization phase I would need to reconcile the fact that Elrond cannot normally control Aragorn II, and find some way to keep Aragorn in play or else discard him (or some other character(s)), but since my opponent called the council, I don't get another organization phase. Assuming that I play no other cards which affect my wizard's influence, may I claim marshaling points on Aragorn II at the council (without discarding any characters), or must I square away my influence before the council the same way that I would at the end of an organization phase?
CDavis7M

You do not need to reconcile Direct or General Influence until the next organization phase, which will not happen since the Council was called. So you get MP for Aragorn at the Council. Vilya is pretty neat, huh? Another influence shenanigan uses Elf-Song.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

DuncanNeeds2Shave

Itangast at Home gives all greater items "an additional corruption point." How does this apply to Emerald of the Mariner? Does it give the Emerald a corruption point to go along with its +1 modifier to corruption checks, nullifying any corruption? Does it give zero "additional" corruption points, since the Emerald has no corruption points to begin with and therefore cannot have "additional" ones?

If Itangast at Home give the Emerald one corruption point, how is this handled if The Balance of Things is in play and the Emerald is the only "source of corruption" its bearer controls? Does it double the one corruption point and make it 2 points with a +1 modifier to the check? Or Does the +1 modifier negate the corruption point, causing The Balance of Things to effectively double zero?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Emerald of the Mariner gives 0 CPs as its text indicates.

CPs given by Emerald of the Mariner may be doubled by The Balance of Things (to 0, or to 2 if Itangast at Home is in play).
+1 modifier to corruption checks that Emerald of the Mariner gives has nothing to do with above calculations.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

As I suspected. Thanks.

If I attempt to travel from an under-deeps site to a surface site, and my opponent plays The Way is Shut, may I cancel its effects by playing Marvels Told, or am I doomed to return to my site of origin no matter what?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

You may play Marvels Told on The Way is Shut in response to declaration of "return" action.
If at resolution of "return" action the same copy of The Way is Shut will not be in play then "return" action will not happen.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

1. If I attempt to move one of my companies (without a ranger) from the Under-Galleries to Cirith Gorgor, and my opponent plays Long Winter, which then taps the Cirith Gorgor AND send my company back to the Under-Galleries (because my company does not contain a ranger), what happens to Cirith Gorgor? It is tapped. Does it go back to the site deck or is it discarded?

2. If I have Aragorn II in control of The Scroll of Isildur (3 corruption points) and no other source of corruption, and my plays The Balance of Things (doubling the 3 corruption points of the Scroll to 6), and then he plays Lure of Expedience on Aragorn II, may I then declare that my choice of doubled corruption from The Balance of Things is now the Lure of Expedience instead of the Scroll? If so, how often can this delineation be changed?

3. Quickbeam's abilities state: "May not be attacked by automatic-attacks or hazards keyed to his site." An erratum also states: "May tap to give +1 prowess to another character facing an automatic-attack or hazard keyed to his site." There is some question as to what "his site" refers to. My interpretation is that "his site" is his new site: moving from Wellinghall to Moria, he may not be attacked by anything keyed to Moria. It was suggested to me, however, that "his site" may refer to his "home" site, meaning specifically Wellinghall and Wellinghall only.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

1) A company moving to/from Under-deeps site does not have a site path. So does not have [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] in site path too.
If for any reason the tapped Cirith Gorgor site card would leave active play it should be discarded.

2) Yes. I think that any number of times.

3) Allies do not have a home site. "his site" may mean new site or current site of Quickbeam's company.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

Konrad,

Long Winter taps a site if [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] are in the SITE'S site path, not the company's. So Long Winter would indeed tap Cirith Gorgor if being traveled to from an under-deeps site.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:33 pm Konrad,

Long Winter taps a site if [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] are in the SITE'S site path, not the company's. So Long Winter would indeed tap Cirith Gorgor if being traveled to from an under-deeps site.
Right, but company without ranger moving from The Under-Galleries to Cirith Gorgor will not be returned due to Long Winter.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

I have two companies in play: Cirdan with Elrohir, and Theoden with Eomer. If Gates of Morning is in play during Theoden and Eomer's movement hazard phase, may I play The Evenstar, targeting Cirdan/Elrohir and change the identity of any [-me_wi-] or [-me_bl-] ? Or must The Evenstar, since it is being played to target Cirdan/Elrohir, be played during Cirdan/Elrohir's movement hazard phase?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

You may target your own characters with resources during M/H of your other company (unless resource [or character card] states otherwise).

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”