On Cards Overriding Rules

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Wacho

No, I don't think so. I would say rather that the rulings on ACM and WHCTK are de facto erratum.
Jambo

Konrad Klar wrote:Is not digest 74 de facto Card Erratum?
There is no official erratum for Old Road. It was ruled in a digest to be playable only during the site phase. Fair enough, I agree with that, but if that's the case then A Chance Meeting should also only be playable in the Org phase.

From a gameplay sense playing characters shouldn't be so goddamn easy. They give MPs, much in the same way factions do, and with ACM or WHCtK they also allow the "free" playing of items or whatever at any site regardless of company status (tapped or wounded). Entire Balrog decks can be based around circumventing all hazards and auto attacks by doing just this. All you need is a company full of rangers to avoid River and that's it. The characters come from sideboard so it's a 1 card combo to ensure an item or resource is played every site phase. It's clearly broken.

Long live Poland for having the gumption to enforce playing these cards as they should be (imho of course). :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

And they are also saying that Eagle-Mounts does not work in the manner decribed in this thread:

Eagle Mounts is not played on a moving company, it is played on a company that starts at Eagle's Eyrie. Its effect, when it resolves, allows a company to move to any non shadow/dark hold.

And since there are already cards in the game that allow movement without a movement/hazard phase, Eagle Mounts should immediately take effect before the Long Event Phase.
|Highwayman|

Jambo wrote: Long live Poland for having the gumption to enforce playing these cards as they should be (imho of course). :)
Thank You :D

As for Eagle-mounts
I think most people play it that it is not an instantaneous movement without any hazard phase, but rather a special way of moving during the regular movement/hazard phase
sure the card isn't worded that great, and sure rules about short-events sugest thay they work immediately and therfore Eagle-mount should work like this:
you play it during the org. phase - BANG! - you're at a different site, but where's the chance for your opponent to play those creatures that Eagle-mount goes to specify to be only keyable to the site type for this move?
Going ever under dark,
Having the clouded sky above me -
And pale nothingness beneath me,
I see a light in the distant darkness,
It beckons me in and I accept it's invitation...

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”