Univeral Rules Document

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
nico21000

Thank you !
tyhjaarpa

the JabberwocK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:32 am The current URD is not an official rules document, but it is a handy reference. There are some mistakes in it. It also has not been updated in quite some time.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I am currently working on a new URD to be released which will be reviewed by the ROC and will be an “official rules document.” The document will also be current and kept up to date with newly issued clarifications and errata. Annatar has also graciously agreed to continue his work with formatting the new document.

I was hoping to finish it last year, but it has turned out to be much more time intensive than I had originally thought. I’ve put about 80 hours into it thus far and it’s still far from being finished. It will incorporate past relevant Rulebooks, CRF, ICE Digests, and NetRep Digests. It is meant to be a “one stop shop” for MECCG rules which I think would be a wonderful thing for the MECCG community.

The new URD will be a very different document than the current version so it’s more of a new manual than just an update to the old. It will still include many similarities though to the original document. All of this is being done with Bandobras Took’s blessing.

I’m very excited about this project but also overwhelmed with the immensity of the project (if a quality product is to be achieved).

So stay tuned to hear more on this. I’m guessing it won’t actually materialize until late this year. The ROC will be saturated with work until June with the upcoming 2019 ARV.

Yours,

the JabberwocK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is this project going? I would like to have the rules in one printed book to refer while playing and it would make more sense to have the final version with all the corrections. So if you have any rough estimate when it could be finished it would help a lot.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
CDavis7M

tyhjaarpa wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:12 pm How is this project going? I would like to have the rules in one printed book to refer while playing and it would make more sense to have the final version with all the corrections. So if you have any rough estimate when it could be finished it would help a lot.
Since Jabberwock's post, I've noticed several places in the URD where it does not apply the CoE ruling (mismatch between the Ruling and the URD Summary). The URD also doesn't take the ICE rulings into account. You can help contribute to the URD effort in this other thread: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=3324&start=45
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

tyhjaarpa wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:12 pm How is this project going? I would like to have the rules in one printed book to refer while playing and it would make more sense to have the final version with all the corrections. So if you have any rough estimate when it could be finished it would help a lot.
This is still on my agenda for this year, but must wait until the ARV takes place. So probably late Fall/Winter this year would be my guess. Thanks for staying tuned in.
Yangtze2000

:?: Hi all, a couple of queries:

1. Is the latest version of the URD up-to-date with the latest CRF?
2. I noticed there is still some debate about the accuracy of the CRF. Is there a list anywhere of the aspects of the URD (and/ or the CRF) that are still contentious?

Thanks for looking!
CDavis7M

Yangtze2000 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm 1. Is the latest version of the URD up-to-date with the latest CRF?
The URD is based on the "latest CRF". The latest CRF being the one from MECCG.net. Which is not the latest CRF released by the ICE netrep and also includes other things not made by the ICE netrep but made by CoE. But those rulings are from before the mailing list crashed and apparently no one bothered to keep any records besides Wim. But then Wim was expelled from the CoE. I don't know why but he seemed to know the ICE rulings while a lot other people didn't, leading to contention. So, there are some rulings taken from there with no other record of them.
Yangtze2000 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm 2. I noticed there is still some debate about the accuracy of the CRF. Is there a list anywhere of the aspects of the URD (and/ or the CRF) that are still contentious?
There is debate about the accuracy of the CRF?

Of course, the CRF was only reorganized a few times. So it includes several outdated rulings. But only a few rulings that seem inaccurate. The most recent version (15, of which there were several 15s) had not been reorganized since MELE was released, and even then the CRF includes older rulings from before the designers clarified MELE. So there are inconsistencies in a few post-MELE rulings since the CRF was not updated to remove these. Things like pre-MELE Clarification rulings, pre-nerf FW rules, pre-errata CvCC rulings, etc. Maybe for the better as the CRF also removed a lot of helpful rulings when it was reorganized to keep down on space.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”