BALLOT ITEM # 38: Fear! Fire! Foes! {erratum}

Cast your votes here for the 2018 Annual Rules Vote.

Are you in favor of issuing the erratum described below?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 am

YES
92%
NO
8%

Total votes: 50
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

INFORMATION
FEAR! FIRE! FOES!: hazard short-event
Playable on a Free-hold [-me_fh-] or Border-hold [-me_bh-]. An additional automatic-attack is created at the site this turn: 5 strikes with 8 prowess (detainment, no attack type). Alternatively, playable on a detainment automatic-attack a minion company is facing. The attack becomes normal (not detainment) and has -1 prowess.
In the alternative use, during the movement-hazard phase when this hazard short-event is played, the company does not yet face any automatic-attack. Thus the card does not have a legal target and by consequence its alternate effect cannot be properly used.

BALLOT ITEM # 38:
Are you in favor of issuing the following erratum?

FEAR! FIRE! FOES!
Change This:
Playable on a Free-hold [-me_fh-] or Border-hold [-me_bh-]. An additional automatic-attack is created at the site this turn: 5 strikes with 8 prowess (detainment, no attack type). Alternatively, playable on a detainment automatic-attack a minion company is facing. The attack becomes normal (not detainment) and has -1 prowess.
To This:
Playable on a Free-hold [-me_fh-] or Border-hold [-me_bh-]. An additional automatic-attack is created at the site this turn: 5 strikes with 8 prowess (detainment, no attack type). Alternatively, playable on a detainment automatic-attack. Against a minion company the attack becomes normal (not detainment) and has -1 prowess.
(relevant part bolded)

CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR VOTE:
If you vote YES, then the alternate use of Fear! Fire! Foes! can be correctly used.

If you vote NO, then Fear! Fire! Foes! will remain unchanged. It will be up to each playgroup and tournament judge to determine if the alternative use is legal for play.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
In the current proposal the card can be played to take effect both during the movement/hazard phase or when revealed as on-guard card.

REFERENCE TOPICS: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=3304
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote”