CoE Election For Term 2011 - 2012

jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

See the post here: http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =17&t=1753

Please get me your statements if you plan to run for re-election. Thanks!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

So how many candidates do we have? Not enough I suppose, or Josh would have mentioned something.

So we the CoE members should actively approach people to run for CoE and do some campaiging.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

alright, i will send out another message and encourage to run for the COE election. lets have another period of 2 weeks, using this time to
Thorsten the Traveller wrote:actively approach people to run for CoE and do some campaiging.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

We've got 5 wanting to run currently: Wolfgang, Karsten, marcos, miguel and Nicolai. So 3 short of filling all 8 seats.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I tried to talk some guys about running and even though some words were exchanged some people think, we might (me as in Eric & me represent like what the most active DC developers) trying to get our rules excepted for all game or some junk

we need rules changes but not to that momentum or amount

what Ben is doing is also great but too much for most as it was Eric & I do in DC & ARDA DC too much for most, but we need at least 3 more people on the council or we get nothing going

there are many guys I like to see in there, Ben, Bernd, Pawel, and there out to be some Spaniards (Josesan, Kike, Manuel, Antonio, Mados (the real Miguel) out there as well our community is small almost tiny, but I never thought we do not get 8 other dudes from around the world to keep the game we love going

Brian sry to say feels to sorry for himself being a competitive player, so he has decline to run for a seat, even though Wolfgang and others have ask him to, but he seems to feed up to argue with what he deems the majority opinion of how the rules ought to change, honestly we need better clearer rules, period.

I like to post that in the more open forum as well, but I wanted you guys to see it 1st, yours Nicolai
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i know there are some more guys interested in running for the election. and they confirmed that they have contacted josh already.
now we are waiting for josh (i contacted him already) to update the list. the moment this is done i will send out a message and the election will start.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Dominic and Bert have also sent their candidacy, as I understood it.

Ideally we should have some spread in the CoE, members representing different communities. So Spain, Poland, US, please stand up! But most important is having CoE members actively thinking about serving the interests of all meccg players.

In answer to Nico's post, I have not heard such opinions, but anybody thinking that we are about to revolutionise the game has obviously never read any of our CoE posts. Let's leave it at that.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll post it here officially:

I'm not running again because I do not feel I can guarantee my time. I will not commit to things I cannot carry out.

I did everything I set out to do as a CoE member: there's a URD, an actual erratum process, and the NetRep even posted a digest. :)

It somebody else's turn now.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.

Return to “Council Business - Agenda Items”