Catch An Elusive Scent

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Permanent Event

Playable when a resource worth Marshalling Points would otherwise be discarded or returned to your hand if your opponent's avatar is in play. Place the resource "off to the side" with this card. This resource may be played (regardless of the site's tapped status) during the site phase at the indicated site and attack based on your opponent's avatar:
Ringwraith: Home Site, Nazgul 1 strike at 16/9
Wizard: Home Site, Maia 2 strikes at 13/9
Sauron: Barad-Dur, Maia 1 strike at 24
Balrog: Moria, Maia 1 strike at 20

A fun little way to spice up the game either if you draw crucial MPs too early or have to get rid of them before you can cycle. Not recommended if your opponent is Sauron. :)
marcos
Council Member

btw, this is a minion resource, so can only be played vs sauron on a FW deck...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

marcos wrote:btw, this is a minion resource, so can only be played vs sauron on a FW deck...
I'm not sure I understand. You can play it to protect one of your own resources, but for a FW, the resource in question must be minion. If as a FW I use it and my opponent is Uvatha, I go to his home site and face an attack and play the item. If my opponent is Hero Gandalf, I go to any Hero Haven and face the attack and play the item, etc.
marcos
Council Member

yes, but what i mean is that a minion can't have a sauron opponent because sauron/ lidless eye is only playable vs hero/ FW.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Oh, I see. Still, better to cover the unlikely possibilities. :)

Return to “Showcase”