Crebain and Carrion Birds

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Crebain

Short Event

Playable if you discard an Animal hazard creature from your hand.

Opponent may reveal to you any number of resources from his hand; only those resources may be played for the rest of the turn.

Carrion Birds

Permanent Event

Playable on a character that was wounded by an animal attack this turn. Target character makes a body check at the end of his untap phase. Discard this card during any organization phase in which target character is at a Free-hold or Haven.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Crebain: nice! I don't think you should need to discard animal creature though, you're afraid it would be a stapler? it does count against hl, so...

Carrion Birds: nice, but why would these carrion birds only attack after animal creature? Maybe make it attack any wounded char at ruins/shadow?
How about: playable after a character has failed a bodycheck: place this card with character in opponents MP pile, it is worth -2 MP? Having character killed is bad, having to leave it for the crows is unbearable shame.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

As for Crebain, the effect can be strong enough that discarding an animal should be mandatory; it completely screws up someone who's hoping to draw into their MPs, happens to draw a canceler, etc.

As for Carrion Birds, Jambo and I thought that Animals could use a little bit of buffing, and he liked the idea. Repeated body checks on a character is pretty strong, so limiting it to one class of attacks seemed fine to me. As far as giving additional negative MPs to a guy who's just lost a character: hasn't he been punished enough by having the character killed?
Jambo

Maybe Crebain could just require you to have an animal hazard in hand? Seems a pity to discard it if we're trying to encourage animal hazards.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Maybe keep it to mh phase only then, so the Crebain help you plan your hazards better against defensive cards. After all, why would the spies prevent you from playing some doggy at a border?
Maybe mh phase only, and full turn if Eyes of the Shadow is in play...

I just think it's a pitty to limit it to animals. Why would the birds follow only other animals? Animals aren't bad to play, there just aren't enough around, so you usually combine them with spiders/wolves. With Das Pack a Mumak or some Rats can show up at any doorstep, that's really good, Watcher is good too, but basically it ends there.
Same for Carrion Birds. Yes character killed is punishment, but having to keep card in hand also :D . Can make it -2 mp for characters less than 3 mind, makes people think about sacrificing their Bombur or Brawler so easily...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Showcase”