[v] Awaken the Earth's Fire

Jambo

Awaken the Earth's Fire V:
Hazard permanent-event
Giants may be keyed to Redhorn Gate, High Pass, Gap of Isen, Angmar, Gundabad, Grey Mountain Narrows, Withered Heath, Numeriador, and Iron Hills. If Doors of Night is in play, all Giant attacks have 6 body. Discard this card if a Giant keyed to one of the regions above is defeated. You may discard this card during opponent's movement/hazard phase (not counting against the hazard limit) to take Earth-tremors, The Black Enemy's Wrath or Cruel Caradhras from your discard pile (or sideboard if Doors of Night is in play) to your hand. Cannot be duplicated.
Last edited by Jambo on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Awesome card, brilliant combination of all needed things for a giants strategy

mfg Nicolai
marcos
Council Member

yeah! pretty neat!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Yes nice card, very useful. I would take out Drums however, I understand you want to give it more play, but it's crappy so we have to redo it anyway, and it doesn't fit in thematically. Why not Reach of Ulmo in stead?

Useful is good but not spectacular though, some additional new giant ability might be nice (if not on this card).
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I've taken to putting Drums in my anti-minion hazard portions; a lot of minion decks spend their time in the under-deeps or the Misty Mountains.
Jambo

Yes, I had considered Reach of Ulmo too, but as Ulmo is the God of the seas and this is a water hazard, I hesitated. Maybe it would be better as a alternative effect of my virtual Noose of the Sea?
marcos
Council Member

i would remove drums too... it just doesn't fit thematically... For some more ideas about giants and earth attacks check here
Jambo

Drums removed.

Return to “Showcase”