[v] Noose of the Sea

Jambo

Noose of the Sea V:
Hazard permanent-event
This card reserves up to one hazard creature that is keyable to a Coastal Sea. To reserve a creature, place it face up "off to the side" with this card (not counting against the hazard limit). You may tap this card to take this creature from your discard pile (or sideboard if Doors of Night is in play). Tapping counts as one against the hazard limit. You may play a reserved creature as though it were in your hand. A reserved creature can only be keyed to a Coastal Sea and it cannot be cancelled by Great Ship. Discard this card when a reserved creature played with it attacks.

A card to bring to life those underused coastal sea creatures.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

There's only 2 unused sea creatures (turtle and serpent, well Eacaraxe herself maybe), and you'd get them in sideboard only because they're more vicious or cooler than Eacaraxe ahunt or Nameless (well what's more vicious than Nameless?), in fact, would you put them there at all? So maybe extend this card to other sea hazards? (Winds of Wrath, Storms of Osse, Drowning seas). Otherwise I see little point, moreover since you see the creature coming. Or is this card meant to scare people away from the coast?
If you make it more like Summons from Long Sleep then perhaps it's more rewarding, I mean like the original Summons, that was not discarded, so you can use it on the same creature over and over again. Now you need to seriously hit your opponent with other creatures first to pull off some effect from the sea creature, and the whole issue with using coastal creature normally is that you can't hit opponent with other creatures there...

Idea of using Noose is nice though. Add once per turn recycle clause maybe, like Pits? Problem is you have few creatures. Even if you have a Turtle in sideboard, it'll be only one copy. And I don't suppose you intend to use 3x Noose in a normal deck?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

Ok, good points. How about:

Noose of the Sea V:
Hazard permanent-event
At the end of each turn, each player may take a hazard creature that is keyable to a Coastal Sea [[-me_cs-]] from your discard pile (or sideboard if Doors of Night is in play) to your hand. You may discard this card during opponent's movement/hazard phase (not counting against the hazard limit) to take Lost at Sea, The Reach of Ulmo, Winds of Wrath, Storms of Osse or Drowning Seas from your discard pile (or sideboard if Doors of Night is in play) to your hand. Cannot be duplicated.

There's also Lost at Sea, but as to which cards should be allowed to be retrieved, I'm not sure.
Last edited by Jambo on Tue May 13, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Seems you've invented a new type of hazard Jamie, the discardable retriever cum perm.! It's nice. :wink:
Would that make a difference for Nameless, if you make it 'normally keyable to coastal?' Most people have 3 Nameless in sideboard, that would make life very hard for coastals. But on the other hand, if you run a coastal yourself, with this card you can protect against opponent coming for you, with 3 turtles or some wrathful winds, that's nice.

Well, the other ones are probably even more vicious than Lost, and we're in the proces of inventing a counter for it, so if those are considered propper, then I guess Lost isn't a real problem.
I guess 90% of the time you'll have only one Noose in deck, so also one shot at using these short events, so it's not too strong.

Now this card might promess to be a favorite in many decks. It's easily discardable though. How about making it environment?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

Seems you've invented a new type of hazard Jamie, the discardable retriever cum perm.! It's nice.
hehe i love that too
Jambo

Jambo wrote:Noose of the Sea V:
Hazard permanent-event
At the end of each turn, each player may take a hazard creature that is keyable to a Coastal Sea [[-me_cs-]] from your discard pile (or sideboard if Doors of Night is in play) to your hand. You may discard this card during opponent's movement/hazard phase (not counting against the hazard limit) to take Lost at Sea, The Reach of Ulmo, Winds of Wrath, Storms of Osse or Drowning Seas from your discard pile (or sideboard if Doors of Night is in play) to your hand. Cannot be duplicated.
Voila Thorsten for your Reach of Ulmo/Storms of Osse recycler, although might now need toning down a little with the new Storms of Osse.
marcos
Council Member

excellent one!

Return to “Showcase”