[Virtual Suggestion] Padding Feet

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

We all know just how to build a deck around Padding Feet, but this might be a refreshing change of pace:

Padding Feet

Minion Resource Permanent Event
(2) MPs

May not be played by the Balrog or by Fallen Wizards. Playable during the site phase on an untapped Scout at a Free-Hold or Border-Hold where information is playable. Tap this card during the site phase in which the Scout enters a different Border-Hold or Free-Hold where information is playable -- this card never untaps. If tapped, you receive this card's marshalling points, and it may be stored at any Darkhaven. If this is card is stored, any of your Minion resources stored at a Darkhaven are considered to have been stored at Barad-Dur. May not be duplicated in a given company.

I wanted to keep the theme of a Scout wandering around spying on the good guys, but it's a little tough to use its normal incarnation. The obvious use is for a Bag End Mission, but it might also encourage a gamble for Palantiri-storing.
Leon

This sound like a really interesting card. I picture a deck moving to Bree to play this card, then moving to Bag End to tap it and back to a haven to store all Bag End stuff.

I am not sure if you need to award mps for this, because it sounds like enough of an advantage to play it without any point bonus. Also I do not know if i like the combo with News Must Get Through:
News Must Get Through C Short-event
Playable on a company at a Darkhaven, Shadow-hold, or Dark-hold. Any resource events with the company that can be stored at a Darkhaven may now be so stored.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Leon wrote:This sound like a really interesting card. I picture a deck moving to Bree to play this card, then moving to Bag End to tap it and back to a haven to store all Bag End stuff.

I am not sure if you need to award mps for this, because it sounds like enough of an advantage to play it without any point bonus. Also I do not know if i like the combo with News Must Get Through:
News Must Get Through C Short-event
Playable on a company at a Darkhaven, Shadow-hold, or Dark-hold. Any resource events with the company that can be stored at a Darkhaven may now be so stored.
There's not much of a combo there; News Must Get Through does not make Shadow-holds or Dark-holds into Darkhavens, and this version of Padding Feet requires that the cards be stored at a Darkhaven.
Jambo

This is quite an interesting alternative, and opens up the Kill All but NOT the Halflings and News of the Shire cards. However, the thing is, I really like the idea of the original card. It was just horribly spoilt by the requirement for the Hobbit character.

Padding Feet
(5) Permanent-event
Playable during the site phase on a lone, non-Troll, scout minion at the same site as a hero company (select a character in hero company). Also playable on a lone minion controlling Stinker (discard this card if Stinker leaves the company). If during a following site phase target character is at the same site as the selected character, tap this card (site must be entered). This card never untaps. If then during a following site phase, target character is at the same site as the selected character, invert this card (rotate it 180°) (site must be entered). If inverted, this card may be stored at a Darkhaven - only if stored do you receive its marshalling points.

The thought of starting with 3 orc or covert scouts and sending them forth from a darkhaven to scamper round after a hero company in a potentially non-violent way is really quite appealing. Will any of them survive to report back? :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

That seems more of a UEP thing than a Virtual thing -- your suggestion modifies the card only slightly, but its essential play remains unchanged.
Jambo

Only because it's a small change.

It does however have a big impact and I've always wanted to explore a scout tracking theme in MeCCG. Padding Feet does this, it's just that the requirement for a Hobbit kills it the whole theme stone dead...! Given the minimum number of turns required to successfully achieve this mission, you would really need this card in the play deck from the start. The hobbit requirement means it's never going to amount to more than sideboard card with very poor odds for success.

I don't necessarily think that small changes should automatically be excluded. ICE had some great ideas that just weren't implemented all that well. There's also the issue that virtual cards and UEPs are unlikely to coexist. But this is all just imho of course.

Return to “Showcase”