Spells Born of Discord

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Blind to the West and Ire of the East do not affect Spells, Sorcery, Spirit Magic, or Shadow-Magic when such cards are played by your Fallen Wizard.
Jambo

How about:

Spell Born of Discord V:
When this card comes into play you may choose to tap it or leave it untapped. This card does not untap. If untapped, Blind to the West does not affect Spells played by your Fallen Wizard. If tapped, Ire of the East does not affect Sorcery, Spirit Magic, or Shadow-Magic when played by your Fallen Wizard.

Not quite so comfortable.
Nerdmeetsyou

like the second one better...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

My reasoning was as follows:

Spells Born of Discord (original) cannot be duplicated, so this mostly aids spells already.

No FW can innately use Shadow Magic.

Sorcery and Spirit-Magic are best used actively; since this card would only apply to the FW himself, it encourages activity. The CCs are already the big drawback there.

Blind is already broken vs. Ring decks; this is a simple way to nerf it without hampering its utility in a more normal sort of deck.

I see no need to split it; two stage points is a reasonable cost for the overall effect.
marcos
Council Member

Jambo wrote:How about:

Spell Born of Discord V:
When this card comes into play you may choose to tap it or leave it untapped. This card does not untap. If untapped, Blind to the West does not affect Spells played by your Fallen Wizard. If tapped, Ire of the East does not affect Sorcery, Spirit Magic, or Shadow-Magic when played by your Fallen Wizard.

Not quite so comfortable.
btw this can be duplicated. So you can still play 1 and keep untepped and then play the second and tap it... I like Jambo's one
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

If the Virtual can be duplicated, I like Jambo's version, too.

Return to “Showcase”