Spies Feared

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Short Event

Tap a Scout to cancel all effects for the rest of the turn that would duplicate an automatic attack or would make such an attack uncancellable.
Nerdmeetsyou

hm.... sure that is nessacary... and why?

maybe make it not for scouts?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Because:

1) I hate Tidings of Bold Spies+Unabated forcing you to get rid of 4 cancelers in a turn;
2) Forewarned is often used as a hazard to make an uncancellable auto-attack; and
3) I like to limit it to Scouts for thematic reasons; they're the sneaky ones.
marcos
Council Member

it might work, i like it
Jambo

Unabated doesn't create an uncancellable attack, just one that's more difficult to cancel. This card is situational, and would if worded correctly, would only be used as a sideboard card.

You might add an alternative use?

Maybe reducing an automatic attack to 1 strike (like Veils of Shadow) is a better idea.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Playable on a company moving to a site with an automatic-attack. This card creates one or more attacks on the company, the total of which duplicates exactly (including modifications) all automatic-attacks at the site.
It wouldn't cancel Unabated. It would cancel the effect of Tidings, which duplicates automatic attacks. One would still have to deal with Unabated at the site, which is fine by me, since that's how Unabated is meant to be used.
Jambo

Ah I see. It's still too situational to be used straight up in the play deck though, and by the time you sideboard it across, you will have probably already had to deal with a Tidings/Unabated combo. That is, unless you give it an alternative use.
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah... I see there also only potential... if it has an alternative use...
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I find it too strong for hobbits. IMHO they are already a NPE, and now you cant even stop them cancelling auto-attacks. At least Tidings gets around Stealth.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
marcos
Council Member

agree with bert
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Ringbearer wrote:NPE
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a NPE?

Could one perhaps say "Tap a scout to cancel an effect which would duplicate an automatic attack or would make such an attack uncancellable and increase the hazard limit by one."

Return to “Showcase”