GCCG - DC: The Necromancer 1.0 Tournament

Events taking place on online platforms

Your preferred tournament format

I'd like to play a minion only DC tournament.
No votes
I'd like to play a normal DCGO, playing either hero or minion.
36%
I'd like to play Stinker-style, both hero (Smeagol) and minion (Gollum)
64%

Total votes: 11
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Winter is approaching, so it's high time for another DC tournament on gccg!

After the success of the First Folk set, we would like to use this tourney to bring ME: The Necromancer into the next phase of development, with the purpose of releasing it as the next official and finished DC set. Who wants to help develop this set?

format: General Opponent DC tournament
allowed: all standard cards + german promos, First Folk, and ME: The Necromancer (MENE)
when: November & December, 1 game per week.

nb. early October we will do another great update on gccg finalizing MENE 1.0.

If you'd like to participate, please use the poll, and post below your choice and/or any other suggestions/comments.

The reason for the poll is this:
- in DC tournaments we like to play cross alignment games.
- furthermore, ME: The Necromancer has many minion cards designed towards playing against heroes.
- a DCGO tournament runs the risk of not having enough minion players, as heroes are popular and DCFF cards are fresh in memory.

Hence our proposal would be this: instead of a deck with 2 versions to play against both minion and hero, the players would build 2 decks, 1 hero and 1 minion, to play cross-alignment. Each round the player would alternate between the alignments.

hope to see you all on gccg
Eric & Nicolai
Last edited by Thorsten the Traveller on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
gollum51

Release of DCFF was so great that the simple prospect of releasing the next set made me start playing minions for the first time.
Alternating hero and minion would be a great way to help finalise the necromancer set so the choice is obvious to me!

Regards,
Hervé
Grishnakh

I prefer "Stinker-Style", if it means to play/build 2 decks, 1 hero and 1 minion to select.
I'm in anticipation of playing my second GCCG tournement:)
The Necromancer Edition is a great minion edition!
METI and MEWR are very good editions to follow the Lord Player style, and also MENW, MEKN and MERS are nice editions for me to discover.
But MENE of course is the best minion edition;)
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

I prefer normal DCGO, because I'll have not time to build 2 decks.
And moreover I'll play minion with my favorite vilain Gaurhir !
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I like to play 2 decks per person, though I know it is much work, but there are tons of DC deck online on which you start to build your own deck, so it is less work if you use DCFF test decks and then you only need a working minion deck

yours Nicolai
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

In a normal GO one also makes 2 decks, 1 vs. Hero and 1 vs. Minion, but yes it's less work if the resource portion stays the same.
But there'd be a month preparation time, and I personally would like to see how such a new format pans out, as it will have some consequences for the way the tournament is run, so it would be an interesting experiment.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I voted for normal DCGO. Not sure I`ll have the time to build a deck. I`d like to play anyway. November/December is a good date.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Slaving hard on the new yearly update which hopefully get MENE to its final set number of 198 cards (yep 9 more than we normally planned for), which then will go through extensive playtesting by 7 players, are you guys kidding me, we bother even if a must have minion sets just gets 7 dudes excited enough to play a tourney with it!

yours Nicolai & Eric
shadow and flame

Hi guys!
Sure I would like to play!
So I vote for DCGO
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

We are done with the update come and see the new cards and start testing
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well the result is not anonymous and we are aware of the concerns of not having enough time to build 2 decks. Nevertheless we have decided to play Stinker-style. It will be an interesting experiment. And most of us will have some DCGO/FF hero vs. minion ready somewhere, so let's dust those off. If pressed for time, you can always ask me (or Nico, if you're truly desperate ;-)) for a deck.

Hopefully all will remain on board. Please send a pm or post below if you want to play. We will start week 46 (9-11), playing 1 game per week. So far we have confirmed:
Hervé
Heiko
Franck
Nicolai
Eric
Karsten
Mario
Holger
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Tables are reset. let the games begin, so who will be our 10th player?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

okay sry, from necromancer set till Sun-lands the cards order is not correct, really strange, either nothing or all should be out of order since the set order as also the card number changed, really strange,

btw I need some peoples to try our new 3 & 4 player tables, they are great way to teach the game btw
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Sorry guys but I neither had the time to look at the new cards nor build a deck so far. Moreover I doubt to have time to play anyway. That's why I won't participate in the tournament. Sorry again :(
Arkhorail

Hi there !

Perhaps I'll play some games, just need to finalyse my decks, and more important, need to have time ^^
Let me know dates and hours for my final answer.

Steph.

Return to “Online Tournaments”