North American Championships 2006: 25-27 August

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

It's official! North American Championships will be in New Jersey this year!

When: Friday, 25 August, through Sunday, 27 August

Where: 1 Lawrence Drive, Ground Floor common room.

Organizer: Mark Alfano

Format:

Friday:
:arrow: Multi-Player Boxed Game by Joe Bisz
:arrow: 3 or 4 round Challenge Deck tournament, using the four new challenge decks.
:arrow: Casual gaming.
:arrow: Board Games.

Saturday:
:arrow: Day: 4-5 round Qualifiers; 2-deck general opponent; swiss style.
:arrow: Evening: 3-4 round Lidless Eye sealed, 1-deck. You will receive 1 starter and 3 boosters. You may add 1 site from your collection.
:arrow: A Long Expected Party Scenario, 3 rounds
:arrow: Hero Crap Sealed, 3 rounds
:arrow: Casual gaming.

Sunday:
:arrow: National Finals; 2-deck general opponent; top 4 players from the Qualifiers on the previous day will play a round robin; deck lists may be changed between Saturday and Sunday.
:arrow: 3 rounds Hero Sealed Booster draft; 1-deck. You will receive 1 french starter, 1 TW booster, 1 TD booster, 1 DM booster, and 2 further boosters of your choice (all spanish).

Lodging Info:
There are a good number of hotels and motels in the area. I will try to book a block of rooms at one of them; more info to come on this.

Cost:
:arrow: $20 fee to attend the event (for prizes and rental fees at the venue)
:arrow: LE sealed: $12
:arrow: Hero sealed: $15

When you decide to attend, please paypal your fee(s) to Mark Alfano at malfano@princeton.edu.

Prizes:
Prizes will include a silver One Ring replica, alternative art Spanish cards, Spanish-language boosters, French-language LE rares, French Promos, German Promos, A Long Expected Party expansion, and more!

I've arranged to get a discount rate at a local hotel: $93 per room per night, 2-3 people per room.

Contact Info for Hotel:

:arrow: Phone: 609.452.2500, ext. 183
:arrow: Website: www.clarionpalmer.com
:arrow: Contact person: Rachel Kopliner, rachel@clarionpalmer.com

I will be finalizing this deal by the end of the week. After I do, I will post an 'OK to contact them' on this thread. That will be the sign that the deal is ready and you can call to make your reservation.

The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the venue. Here is a map indicating how to drive:

Lovely Google Map

http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “Everything Else”