Time Limit in Nations Cup

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.

Do we need a time limit in Nations Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Yeah, man!
50%
No, dude!
50%

Total votes: 20
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

The poll closed without a majority for a time limitation. I suppose the discussion itself served the purpose as well.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

I feel bad for my opponents then. I'm going to show everyone the abuses of no time limits to the extreme. I'm going to take an hour per turn or something crazy like that.

1st up Marcos :twisted:
marcos
Council Member

dude... you really think that will do something on me? i've faced Trossell EVERY tourney i've played... you are just a baby child next to him :wink:
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:dude... you really think that will do something on me? i've faced Trossell EVERY tourney i've played... you are just a baby child next to him :wink:
You have no idea what I'm gonna do. :twisted:
marcos
Council Member

yes i do know... we will save the game when i got tired and play the rest of the match whenever we have to
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:yes i do know... we will save the game when i got tired and play the rest of the match whenever we have to
Um no, you will concede or finish it :twisted:

Not my fault if you can't play for 8+ hours straight :)
marcos
Council Member

Sauron wrote:
marcos wrote:yes i do know... we will save the game when i got tired and play the rest of the match whenever we have to

who said that games has to be played straight? then prepare yourself as well because i'm going to take double time than you to do my plays...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Just have me take both of your turns for you. :)
marcos
Council Member

i might even go take a nap when i got tired of you dude... :wink:
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:
Sauron wrote:

who said that games has to be played straight? then prepare yourself as well because i'm going to take double time than you to do my plays...
Moved my recliner into my computer room. I don't got anything to do on Saturday unlike you :)

If time limits aren't going to be imposed, I'm going to abuse the crap out of the system. This isn't anything against you marcos, but I'm tired of all the people out there that slow play and are high quality players.

Why should my opponent take 75% of the time for a given match, where is the equality in that.

I've decided the only way to stop that kind of play is to show the abusiveness of it, and to report it to the judge EVERY round it happens in any matchup I'm in. Basically I'm going to become a middle earth play by the rules ass.
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

I hope you mean that ironical. :?

Cant you all just play normal speed? Fair and gentlemen-like? I really dont get the point in this discussion. It seems a lot of people are offended by not having a time limit. Even some who didnt even vote for it......
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
marcos
Council Member

Sauron wrote:
marcos wrote:
Sauron wrote: Um no, you will concede or finish it :twisted:

Moved my recliner into my computer room. I don't got anything to do on Saturday unlike you :)

If time limits aren't going to be imposed, I'm going to abuse the crap out of the system. This isn't anything against you marcos, but I'm tired of all the people out there that slow play and are high quality players.

Why should my opponent take 75% of the time for a given match, where is the equality in that.

I've decided the only way to stop that kind of play is to show the abusiveness of it, and to report it to the judge EVERY round it happens in any matchup I'm in. Basically I'm going to become a middle earth play by the rules ass.
i dont have anything to do during saturday as well, i am on vacations, that is why you will be awake the whole night in front of the pc waiting for me to do something while i'm so comfortable sleeping... Is there any rule against that?
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Alter Tuk wrote:I hope you mean that ironical. :?

Cant you all just play normal speed? Fair and gentlemen-like? I really dont get the point in this discussion. It seems a lot of people are offended by not having a time limit. Even some who didnt even vote for it......
Define normal speed? Normal speed for whom? Normal speed for one is not normal speed for another.

I'm trying to illustrate the bigger issue with time limits in tournaments where people play slowly, taking up to 75% of the given time. This bothers me to no end. And although this isn't an issue with this tournament, I'm going to expose how it feels on a grander scale to everyone I play.

Because this tournament has no time limits, or penalities for slow play. I'm going to abuse it and make it my soap box. If I can make a game go 8, 10, 12, 15 hours long, I can get my opponent to make mistakes, concede, etc. It may be in poor taste, but still within the rules of the tournament.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:i dont have anything to do during saturday as well, i am on vacations, that is why you will be awake the whole night in front of the pc waiting for me to do something while i'm so comfortable sleeping... Is there any rule against that?
Depends on who goes 1st :D
marcos
Council Member

do it to whoever made you lost your precious time, there is no reason to make it against everyone, that is very immature and childish...

Return to “Everything Else”