Schedule Europeans at rome???

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.
Smaug

Hi Bruce,

could you please inform about the details of the EC at rome, especially about

1. Date (17th to 19th of july confirmed???)
2. Location
3. Schedule from friday to sunday (depature time for flight booking!)

I am sure the ealier the informations are given the more people wll come from abroad (e.g. flight prices rises day by day!) or the other way round :-(.

Thx

Heiner
Muad'Dib

Heiner

i talked with Bruce about Euro and he said 17-18 july is confirmed.

Event will be here http://www.galactus.it/
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

thomas and i will come from austria.

i know that marc roca is also coming, probably with some more spanish players.
would be good to find a hotel, where all of us are staying. i have been in rome recently with a school class. the hostel was quite okay, very cheap and prefectly located: http://www.astro-hostel-rome.com/
probelm is: its rather small and there is no space to sit together in the evening comfortably. also the quality of the rooms differes a lot.

maybe someone else has a good idea?
Smaug

Hi guys,

thanks for the information!

A good and cheap hotel near the game location (approx. 2 km) is the Cascina Palace, Via Attilio Benigni, 7 Rome 00156 Italien ,
43 € for a double room including breakfast seems more than reasonable, online booking link see below:

http://www.easyclicktravel.de/PageHotel ... lts=1&st=2

I will stay together with my girl friend in a bit more comfortable hotel, the artdeco Best Western Hotel. It is approx. 5 km from the game location and more located towards rome city centre. It looks very nice with each room in a different style and the price of 94 € for a double room incl. breakfast is not too much for that hotel category i guess. However, it is more than double price of the Cascina Palace, no doubt about that! Anyway, for guys that will as well be accompanied by their girl friend the link might be interesting?!

http://www.hotelartdecorome.com/en/rese ... eTo=2010-7

Cheers

Heiner
i gwanunig

Dear all

Finally I booked the train to Rome (and back again).

I will arrive Thursday 15thJuly morning and leave on Sunday. Now I start looking for hotels/hostels/plazas.
Someone already thinking of booking and possible roommates ?

Suggestions welcome.

BR Thomas

P.S: I travel alone (but not ua) :wink:
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
Bruce
Ex Council Member

Hi.

Although a bit late, here's a few answers. More will be available as soon as the Euros 2010 website will be online.

location: the "Galactus", located in via Malladra 14, Rome. http://www.galactus.it/dove_siamo.asp

date: july 16th (friday) to 18th (sunday)

schedule (more or less):

friday 16th (from the early afternoon until 20h approx):
unofficial track: casual play, non-general opponent tourneys

saturday 17th (morning and afternoon till 20h approx):
official track: general opponent's qualifying round

sunday 18th (morning until mid afternoon):
official track: general opponent's finals

sunday 18th (late afternoon):
prize ceremony

accomodations: I recommend either an accomodation close to the venue, like the Cascina Palace, or in the center of the city, possibly close to a subway station (the location is reachable from a subway station by walking 10 minutes). Those who are coming by train may want to book an accomodation close to the Termini railway station (Rome's main railway station). The Fiumicino airport is connected with the city by a direct train too. This train is called "Leonardo Express" and stops at Termini railway station.

It is possible to find well-connected accomodations with a relatively cheap price of about 25 euros per person per night on the most common booking sites. If you see some interesting accomodation and want some advice before booking, PM or email me and I'll tell you if it's recommendable or not, given the price and the connections. I can't provide any feedback about the accomodation's quality, though, because I never slept in a hotel/hostel/B&B in Rome. :)
Smaug

Hi,

thx for the answer. I think like me most people have to take a plane back on sunday late afternoon. My plane leaves at 8 p.m. from fluimicino, so i will have to leave about 5 p.m.on sunday. Hope we will have finished by than?!

For guys who will come from the Frankfurt Area. There is a very cheap flight to Rom with good weekend flight times (see below, copied therefor in german!):

Ryan Air:

10 kg freigepäck hat man pro person:
http://www.ryanair.com/de/fragen/zulassiges-handgepack

Flüge

Hinflug: 16.07.2010 06:10Uhr
Frankfurt Hahn - Rom (Ciampino)
1 x Erwachsener 15,29 EUR
Steuern/Gebühren 0,00 EUR
1 x Online Check-in 5,00 EUR

Rückflug: 18.07.2010 22:10Uhr
Rom (Ciampino) - Frankfurt Hahn
1 x Erwachsener 28,89 EUR
Steuern/Gebühren 0,00 EUR
1 x Online Check-in 5,00 EUR

Reise-Extras

Hinflug:
Rückflug:
Reiseversicherung

Summe

Gesamtkosten 54,18 EUR

Hope that a lot of germans will take the chance to spend a nice weekend in Rome and bring back the title to Germany ;-).

Cheers

Heiner
Balin
Ex Council Member

Hi Bruno,
maybe a few Spanish players will come to Rome, we will announce it ASAP (trying to find flights and acommodation at the moment). Any news about confirmed attendees? How many people are expected to come?
Thanks!
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

half an hour ago i bought my tickets. so i will definately be there. another austrian player (thomas) will come for sure.
Bruce
Ex Council Member

As regards spanish players, Jordi has already registered. Marc is likely to come, though not yet 100% sure.
i gwanunig

on the schedule each day 20.00 is closing time :?

:?: do you have plans/suggestions after that time :?:

20:00 is pretty early, and as we all know the fun often starts at late hours :wink:

br thomas
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
Balin
Ex Council Member

Manuel and me were planning to go to Rome, but finally we can't make it. Pity :(
Have fun, you guys!
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Bruce
Ex Council Member

Balin wrote:Manuel and me were planning to go to Rome, but finally we can't make it. Pity :(
Have fun, you guys!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can we still tempt you with this? ;)

C'mon, you know you want to be there. :D

Return to “Everything Else”