[FALLEN GANDALF] Orc Scouts (without Wizard)

Post your decks, discuss strategy, ask for tips, etc.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Jiri wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:42 pm Wondering if Lucky search is better combination for the scout at Mordor, Alternatively move to undergalleries and play few items there, could be great combo..... You get additional item off your deck which could speed it up a bit.
Thanks for the ideas. I might consider those. I think, however, that the way to play the deck would change quite a lot then. A Sly Southerner would probably be wounded by the attack of Lucky Search (and thus the item gets discarded). Moreover a lonely orc scout with two big items is LOTS of corruption and there is always the risk that he might die, anyway. This in turn would mean that there should be at least two characters at every dark-hold but defending cards like Ruse and Orc Stealth are almost useless then.
Jiri

ic, on other hand there are very few creatures people play in general on dark hold. I have never seen any strategy for long time concentrating to Dark. People play maximum few Nazgul (Adunaphel, Uvatha) time to time Ren in massive corruption decks strategy and Khamul in OneRing deck (protection against opponent Khamul). I haven't seen for ages Undead strategy either, so Dark is far more save than any other. Getting to Mordor is more challenging and far, but with your home site idea it is great. People play heavily Rhudaur/Arthedain spam :-) or Gondor decks so majority hazard strategies key these regions + corruptions. Hard to say.....
Shapeshifter wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 pm
Jiri wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:42 pm Wondering if Lucky search is better combination for the scout at Mordor, Alternatively move to undergalleries and play few items there, could be great combo..... You get additional item off your deck which could speed it up a bit.
Thanks for the ideas. I might consider those. I think, however, that the way to play the deck would change quite a lot then. A Sly Southerner would probably be wounded by the attack of Lucky Search (and thus the item gets discarded). Moreover a lonely orc scout with two big items is LOTS of corruption and there is always the risk that he might die, anyway. This in turn would mean that there should be at least two characters at every dark-hold but defending cards like Ruse and Orc Stealth are almost useless then.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

I'm quoting my earlier question in this thread as it was never answered:
the Jabberwock wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:57 pm Given the following statements from the CRF, how can you legally use this deck without a copy of Fallen Gandalf in it?
CRF wrote: You may not declare yourself as a specific Fallen-wizard unless you have his card in your deck.

You must select a specific Fallen-wizard and thus have at least one copy of him in your deck, because you must declare yourself as a specific one.
I am guessing that having one copy in your sideboard satisfies this requirement to have at least one copy in your deck?
Anybody? :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I believe it's legal, even if GCCG doesn't. :)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Theo

I think I may have replied but it was lost during the week dropped?
MELE p54 wrote:In addition to the normal location deck and play deck, you can have a 25 card "sideboard" deck.
Underline mine. Since the CRF rule doesn't specify which deck, I think it is fair to interpret it as "one of your decks", so sideboard would be sufficient.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Interesting. Thanks guys.

The rule Theo quoted does indeed allow this interpretation it seems.

Although I'm a bit skeptical that the CRF author who wrote the rule had sideboard in mind. :shock:

Then again, the Balrog rules do say this:
Declaring that You are a Balrog Player
If you include The Balrog card (the character card with the special reddish background) in your deck or
sideboard
, you are a “Balrog player”. In this case, you must tell your opponent before choosing starting
companies.
Bold mine.
“Balrog specific” cards may be included. Such cards may only be included in a Balrog player’s
deck. “Balrog specific” cards do not require that The Balrog be in play, only that you are a Balrog
player.
So this seems to indicate you could include one copy of the Balrog in your sideboard, declare yourself a Balrog player, and still take advantage of all of the Balrog Specific cards.

Seems like Fallen Wizards acting in a similar fashion is only fair.

Return to “Decks, Strategy, Tips, Ideas”