Company size

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Just a note as I go through the universal rulesbook. It seems from the MELE rules that your company size cannot change during your mh-phase. This is different, and stronger, than what I took to be the case: that your hl did not change during your mh-phase.

One obvious result of this change (if it is one -- I suspect there's a rule or ruling somewhere contradicting me...) would be that you are in less danger than I had previously supposed when carrying one of the big palantiri. Since your company size is set for the whole mh-phase, even if you lose a guy on the way back to your haven, you won't drop the big orb.

Is this right?
http://www.alfanos.org
miguel
Ex NetRep

Someone actually asked this over at MeCCG.net a while back.
Dirhaval wrote:
By the way, I learned that the SIZE of a company does not changeafter the start of the movement phase; so if you have 2 characterscarrying a palantir of Amon Sul and one gets Call of HOme the palantir stays in play.

METW: Unlimited Edition Rules: 5-Characters and Companies, Subtitle: Companies Quote:
The size of a company is determined for each company at the beginning of the movement/hazard phase (e.g., it remains fixed even if a character leaves the company).

And my comment:
The text on certain palantirs say there needs to be X number of characters, which isn't exactly the same as the size of a company (4 hobbits = company size 2). So the palantir would still get discarded if at any time there are too few characters trying to move it. I think that rules-entry is probably for the purpose of the hazard limit, which won't go down when a character leaves the company...
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

OK, so I'm just stupid.

Locked.
http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”