Twitter users?

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
thedarkness

How many people utilize Twitter?

I've been thinking of (with Council permission) establishing an MECCG Twitter account with regular updates.

Ideas include:
Card giveaways
Trivia contests
Council announcements

Anyone think this could potentially promote the game and organization?

Thanks,
G.
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

There have been newsletters (fanbased) before, and even funny contests with prizes and other promotional activities. It all depends on people willing to keep it going.

Twitter/FB seem well suited for very low energy imput, low threshold activities, such as information dispersal. Here the issue is more to keep things central.
Some FB meccg accounts for certain communties already exist of course...

And even so, there are those without FB/Twitter. There is the danger of moving entirely into that domain, as some seem to have the habit of not existing anymore outside FB/Twitter etc. A simple webpage like this one is apparently too exhausting to visit, but we cannot abandon it, because of dinosaurs like myself (sorry!)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Hey G -

FYI.... I have moved this thread to the Odds, Ends and Hobbit Holes forum since it isn't directly related to the Council of Elrond (currently).

I do really like your ambition and attempt to help promote the game!! :D

The big question is how many active MECCG players use Twitter? I know that I do not. If there was a way to survey a large portion of MECCG players to see if they use Twitter, the data would be useful.

Thorsten brings up a really good point though..... sadly, only a small percentage of MECCG players bother to periodically check in on these forums. Which makes me think Twitter might not work so well.

Thanks for the idea and please stay engaged!

Cheers,

- G

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”