MECCG Returns to Los Angeles StrategiCon, 16-18 Feb 2024

TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Inspired by recent efforts from the esteemed Goblin King and the returned (from beyond all hope :)) Red Arrow, and after a long 4-year microbe-fueled absence, the California MECCG contingent will resume its presence at the OrcCon 2024 at the LAX Hilton, 16-18 Feb 2024:

https://www.strategicon.net

We are not scheduling any formal events at this time, but team members will be available both Saturday and Sunday (and possibly Friday evening) for casual/pick-up 1v1 games. Just look for us at the usual spot against the far divider in the second-floor card room.

Please reply to this posting if you have any questions--looking forward to seeing folks there!

TradewindRider
Red Arrow

TradewindRider,

Had it not been for Covid, I would've been back at strategicon in the summer of 2020 LOL. But yes, thanks to Goblin King's call for in-person meets, I found myself (with my now older sons in tow) playing MECCG in Sacramento at the start of the year. It lit me up! Not just me, my sons were both fired up as well. I had to do something again. I thought I was happy to just attend a meet. Instead, I found myself calling others to play in person again, including you :D .

Since then, we had gatherings in Fresno/Clovis Area last July 2023 and two meetings the following month in August in Anaheim, CA. And as fortune would have it, thanks for picking up the baton and even hosting the meetup in Riverside last October 28. We finally got you to play in person again!

It's amazing that with every meet-up we had this year we found at least one player we haven't played with before. People were coming back to the game and others who have not played, except probably in solo mode have joined us. May we gather more!

Anyway, It was great to see you again at Worlds in Sacramento! I too am looking forward to Strategicon in February. Let's get Ready to Muster!

Red Arrow
SuperNovice

Road trip time! Looking forward to this event and getting to know some of the SoCal players.
Red Arrow

MECCG is Back at Strategicon in Los Angeles !

Halfway around the globe from Lure of MECCG we California players also had a great MECCG event! It happened in a land rumored to have Maiars (Los/Lost Angeles...I know, I know, Sauron was Maiar too...) Near an eagles eyriee (Los Angeles Airport). And it all happened at a large Inn near a ton of hills (Hilton Hotel)... During the President's day weekend (Feb 16-18) we had a total of 14 individuals, including me, participate in three MECCG events at Strategicon convention.

[-me_fd-] Saturday morning we had MECCG 101. We had 4 new players join this event. I used the teaching decks from Chris Davis Redbook of Middle Earth thanks to Ryan Roper's recommendations.
[-me_fd-] Saturday afternoon we had a hero Challenge deck event scheduled. It would have been just me and Bruce for this event but it turned into an extension of MECCG 101. Jim who attended the morning 101 session brought his friend Josh who wanted to learn the game as well. With Bruce’s help we all just used the teaching decks and all four of us played the afternoon away. Thanks Bruce!
[-me_fd-] Sunday was the best. 9 players, including me, attended the casual constructed Deck event. We got to see Tradewindrider, Bruce, Stedanko and Curiousgene. It was good to see the old gang back! I was happy to be back! We also had Andrew join us. I met him in Anaheim last year during one of the two August meetups that we setup in Socal. Curiousgene’s son also joined us using a challenge deck for the Sunday event. Jim and a guy who goes by Chainsaw666 also came to play but eventually decided to observe other players play.

Looking forward to the next event in SoCal. See you in May for Gamex (Strategicon.net) 2024!

Return to “USA MECCG Community”