Denver Regional Moot: August 19

Theo

We've got a MECCG moot planned for Saturday, August 19. This will likely be our biggest since (or even before?) COVID, hopefully pulling in some players from various areas around Denver and some folks from out of state. PM me here or on Discord if you might be interested!

We'll be roughly aiming for three 2-hour sessions in a room at the Castlewood library in Southern Denver if you want to come for less than the full day. All times are approximate, so best to inform me of your plans.
  • 9:45-11:45
  • lunch/social block
  • 12:30-14:30
  • 14:45-16:45
Interested players may reconvene after dinner at Meh Games down the road, open until 23:00.

Our group tends to be pretty casual, and in general we tend to check in with opponents first about things like alignment and avatar and main character conflicts, although a couple of us are ready and interested in more-competitive General Opponent as well. It sounds like some of the long time members were going to try a DC game for the first time for our group, and we're hoping to do our group-first Arda game led by visiting Ralph "Goblin King". I'll also have my general coop variant Dissipate Darkness prepared if there's interest.
Last edited by Theo on Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Goblin King

I'm planning to be there!
Theo

Updated original post with time and location details.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Goblin King

I'm happy to run my 5-player game Wizards of ME throughout the day if enough people are interested. It goes a lot faster if two people are active players at the same time (it's not hard to do -- especially with someone like me running the game instead of playing it). I'll try to share an image. Sorry if it doesn't work I know nothing of coding.
https://www.reddit.com/r/there_and_back ... are_button
Goblin King

Hey Fair Folk of Middle Earth,
Just flew in from Denver and my arms are tired (drum drum cymbal).
We had a fine moot gathering of 7 folks when all was said and done. Here's a little game report:
I was able to bring my Wizards of ME set including the miniatures and we had a table all set up and running for a five person game with me acting as coach/instructor. Theo had an amazing first turn when he decided to send Cirdan and two hobbits on a Mordor Fun Run. One does not simply walk into Mordor (Unless they use a Secret Entrance) and then Sam and Fatty used some trickery to get past a troll guarding the entrance. Fatty picked up a very nice Wormsbane!
It was an awesome opening play and one that I thought would not be topped. But then, on the last turn, Beretar, defied the odds! His party headed out to kill Bairanax at Home. An Old Thrush gave Gandalf and Ellanan enough information to take down the beast (Ellanan, carrying only a Valiant Sword, managed his attack without tapping! (Had to in order to give a wounded Thrain II some Healing Herbs in order to pull off the next step). Then Thrain Returned the Exiles for an 8 point MP boost and Beretar ended up winning the game!

The second round Wizards of ME started off really well (for me). I traded for An Unexpected Party, since I had Thorin and another small dwarf in my starting fellowship. (There were also 2 small dwarfs in the opening flop of the draft pool. So I played the Party and started gathering dwarves. And the randomized roaming character turned over 4 more dwarves!
So first turn I had a party of 7+1 dwarves!
However, it was not meant to last. In 1.5 turns, Thorin was on his way to Zarak Dum when ...
(Little side bar discussion here. Zarak Dum was like the Wall_Mart of Middle Earth this game. EVERYBODY WENT THERE!)
he suddenly decided to answer a Call of Home!
It went down hill from there. At one point Nori failed a corruption check and (because Traitor was out), shot Fili in the back with a bow he picked up at Walmart, er, I mean Zarak Dum.
I ended up with only 3 dwarves of 8 surving. I don't recall who won that game, but it wasn't me.
Yeah that was a great time with a fun group of players.
The End
PS I also played a 1 v. 1 of Fallen Alatar v. Sauron and got clobbered.

Return to “USA MECCG Community”